Old 04-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Ben de Groot

Default Gentoo Wiki Project

After the mostly positive feedback on the recent wiki discussion, we
have now gone ahead, formed a preliminary team consisting of both
users and developers, and put up a project page [1]. All constructive
feedback on this new project is welcome.

We'd also like to invite any users and developers, who are willing to
help to make this a success, to join us. At this point we are
especially looking for people who can help with:
- the initial setup and configuration of a MediaWiki instance
- the design of a custom Gentoo theme for MediaWiki (including graphics and CSS)
- the internal organization of the wiki
- moderation

1: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/wiki/

Cheers,
--
Ben de Groot
Gentoo Qt project lead developer

Old 04-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Nathan Zachary

After the mostly positive feedback on the recent wiki discussion, we
have now gone ahead, formed a preliminary team consisting of both
users and developers, and put up a project page [1]. All constructive
feedback on this new project is welcome.

We'd also like to invite any users and developers, who are willing to
help to make this a success, to join us. At this point we are
especially looking for people who can help with:
- the initial setup and configuration of a MediaWiki instance
- the design of a custom Gentoo theme for MediaWiki (including graphics and CSS)
- the internal organization of the wiki
- moderation

1: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/wiki/

Cheers,

As I posted on the fora, I would be
willing to work on the initial installation of MediaWiki, organisation,
and moderation.* Let me know what needs to be done and I will start.

Thanks Ben.

--Zach

Old 04-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Alex Legler

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 20:12:49 +0200, Ben de Groot <yngwin@gentoo.org>
wrote:

> After the mostly positive feedback on the recent wiki discussion, we
> have now gone ahead, formed a preliminary team consisting of both
> users and developers, and put up a project page [1]. All constructive
> feedback on this new project is welcome.
>
> We'd also like to invite any users and developers, who are willing to
> help to make this a success, to join us. At this point we are
> especially looking for people who can help with:
> - the initial setup and configuration of a MediaWiki instance

idl0r and I are offering to arrange things with infra.

As they are busy at the moment, I created a test wiki for us to test
extensions and styling:

http://gentoowiki.a3li.li/index.php?title=Main_Page

I have installed a captcha extension, as well as the flagged revision
extension. Contact me off-list for "editor" privileges for that.

> - the design of a custom Gentoo theme for MediaWiki (including
> graphics and CSS)

In that aforementioned wiki, there is a hacked together purplified
version of MediaWiki's new Vector theme. Maybe that's
already enough. If not maybe someone wants to use it as a starting point
(contact me off-list for details)

Alex

--
Alex Legler | Gentoo Security / Ruby
a3li@gentoo.org | a3li@jabber.ccc.de

Old 04-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Markos Chandras

On Monday 05 April 2010 21:12:49 Ben de Groot wrote:
> After the mostly positive feedback on the recent wiki discussion, we
> have now gone ahead, formed a preliminary team consisting of both
> users and developers, and put up a project page [1]. All constructive
> feedback on this new project is welcome.

Thank you for all your hard effort
> We'd also like to invite any users and developers, who are willing to
>[..]
> - moderation
I am willing to join the moderation userspace

--
Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
Gentoo Linux Developer

Old 04-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Sylvain Alain

> Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 23:37:31 +0200
> From: zeerak.w@gmail.com
> To: gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org
> Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Gentoo Wiki Project
>
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 10:15:21PM +0300, Markos Chandras wrote:
> > On Monday 05 April 2010 21:12:49 Ben de Groot wrote:
> > > After the mostly positive feedback on the recent wiki discussion, we
> > > have now gone ahead, formed a preliminary team consisting of both
> > > users and developers, and put up a project page [1]. All constructive
> > > feedback on this new project is welcome.
> > >
> > Thank you for all your hard effort
>
> +1 It's great to see that this project is starting :-)
>
> > > We'd also like to invite any users and developers, who are willing to
> > >[..]
> > > - moderation
> > I am willing to join the moderation userspace
> > >
> > > 1: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/wiki/
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> >
> > --
> > Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
> > Gentoo Linux Developer
> > Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org
> >

> If someone could give me a description of what "internal organization of the wiki" intails I might be willing to help out with it (being that it's something I actually know about ) otherwise I'd be more than willing to help out with moderation.
>
> --
> Zeerak Waseem

I'd like to help with the moderation too

Sylvain
aka d2_racing@gentoo.org

Videos that have everyone talking! Now also in HD! MSN.ca Video.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Zeerak Mustafa Waseem

Old 04-06-2010, 02:27 AM
Ravi Pinjala

On 04/05/10 13:12, Ben de Groot wrote:

After the mostly positive feedback on the recent wiki discussion, we
have now gone ahead, formed a preliminary team consisting of both
users and developers, and put up a project page [1]. All constructive
feedback on this new project is welcome.

We'd also like to invite any users and developers, who are willing to
help to make this a success, to join us. At this point we are
especially looking for people who can help with:
- the initial setup and configuration of a MediaWiki instance
- the design of a custom Gentoo theme for MediaWiki (including graphics and CSS)
- the internal organization of the wiki
- moderation

1: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/wiki/

Cheers,

It'd be good if the project page said something about how this relates
to the existing Gentoo wiki. It's obvious that they serve different
purposes, but the page right now makes no mention of what the
distinction is.

--Ravi

Old 04-06-2010, 05:16 AM
Stuart Longland

On 2010-04-06 04:12, Ben de Groot wrote:
> After the mostly positive feedback on the recent wiki discussion, we
> have now gone ahead, formed a preliminary team consisting of both
> users and developers, and put up a project page [1]. All constructive
> feedback on this new project is welcome.

This is a good move indeed. There's a lot of stuff I'd like to be able
to throw online for users' benefit that really doesn't belong in places
like the handbook, but could be useful on the wiki.

How are you off for moderators? I don't have a lot of time to sit
around waiting for stuff to compile these days (which is why I've been
very inactive on the MIPS and Mozilla fronts) but I could look help out
with the moderation.

Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL) .'.
Gentoo Linux/MIPS Cobalt and Docs Developer '.'` :
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .'.'
http://dev.gentoo.org/~redhatter :.'

I haven't lost my mind...
...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Ben de Groot

On 6 April 2010 07:16, Stuart Longland <redhatter@gentoo.org> wrote:
> How are you off for moderators? *I don't have a lot of time to sit
> around waiting for stuff to compile these days (which is why I've been
> very inactive on the MIPS and Mozilla fronts) but I could look help out
> with the moderation.

It looks like we're getting together a nice team, but we sure could
use a little more help! At this point, we're still debating and
testing, so there isn't anything to moderate yet. But soon we will
have.

Cheers,

Old 04-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Zeerak Mustafa Waseem

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 03:00:10PM +0200, Ben de Groot wrote:
> On 6 April 2010 07:16, Stuart Longland <redhatter@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > How are you off for moderators? *I don't have a lot of time to sit
> > around waiting for stuff to compile these days (which is why I've been
> > very inactive on the MIPS and Mozilla fronts) but I could look help out
> > with the moderation.
>
> It looks like we're getting together a nice team, but we sure could
> use a little more help! At this point, we're still debating and
> testing, so there isn't anything to moderate yet. But soon we will
> have.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Ben de Groot
> Gentoo Qt project lead developer
> Gentoo Wiki project lead

I have some experience with testing, so if you need a hand just drop a line :-)

--
Zeerak Waseem