Old 04-03-2010, 11:16 AM
"Paweł Hajdan, Jr."

Default spin (spinroot.com) license

I'd like to add a package for spin to the tree (it's used at several
universities, including mine and Caltech).

However, it's not straightforward. The basic license is for educational
purposes only.

Here are my suggestions how to implement that.

/usr/portage/licenses/spin-educational with the following content:

Copyright (c) 1989-2006 Lucent Technologies, Bell Labs
Extensions (c) 2006-2009 NASA/JPL California Institute of Technology
All Rights Reserved. For educational purposes only.
No guarantee whatsoever is expressed or implied by
the distribution of this code.

/usr/portage/licenses/spin-commercial with the content pasted from
http://www.spinroot.com/spin/spin_license.html

And then in the ebuild:

LICENSE="|| ( spin-educational spin-commercial )"

Are there any license groups these should be added to?

Old 04-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Zac Medico

On 04/03/2010 04:16 AM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
> I'd like to add a package for spin to the tree (it's used at several
> universities, including mine and Caltech).
>
> However, it's not straightforward. The basic license is for educational
> purposes only.
>
> Here are my suggestions how to implement that.
>
> /usr/portage/licenses/spin-educational with the following content:
>
> Copyright (c) 1989-2006 Lucent Technologies, Bell Labs
> Extensions (c) 2006-2009 NASA/JPL California Institute of Technology
> All Rights Reserved. For educational purposes only.
> No guarantee whatsoever is expressed or implied by
> the distribution of this code.
>
> /usr/portage/licenses/spin-commercial with the content pasted from
> http://www.spinroot.com/spin/spin_license.html
>
> And then in the ebuild:
>
> LICENSE="|| ( spin-educational spin-commercial )"
>
> Are there any license groups these should be added to?

They both look like they belong in the EULA group to me. The
educational one is an EULA in the sense the the user must agree to
use it only for educational purposes.
--
Thanks,
Zac