FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Thomas Sachau
 
Default Empty herd: sgml

I see, that the sgml herd seems to be empty for a longer time, so i would like to ask, if someone
wants to take that herd and the related ebuilds and bugs over or if we should delete that herd and
assign related ebuilds/bugs to m-n.


--
Thomas Sachau

Gentoo Linux Developer
 
Old 03-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Mike Frysinger
 
Default Empty herd: sgml

On Sunday 21 March 2010 08:41:15 Thomas Sachau wrote:
> I see, that the sgml herd seems to be empty for a longer time, so i would
> like to ask, if someone wants to take that herd and the related ebuilds
> and bugs over or if we should delete that herd and assign related
> ebuilds/bugs to m-n.

if someone were to step up, we'd have to undo any changes we just did. why
not add m-n to the herd definition.
-mike
 
Old 03-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Thomas Sachau
 
Default Empty herd: sgml

Am 21.03.2010 18:06, schrieb Mike Frysinger:
> On Sunday 21 March 2010 08:41:15 Thomas Sachau wrote:
>> I see, that the sgml herd seems to be empty for a longer time, so i would
>> like to ask, if someone wants to take that herd and the related ebuilds
>> and bugs over or if we should delete that herd and assign related
>> ebuilds/bugs to m-n.
>
> if someone were to step up, we'd have to undo any changes we just did. why
> not add m-n to the herd definition.
> -mike

What exactly do you suggest?

My suggestion is to give people some time to join that herd (which had open bugs back from 2006!)
for some time and if nothing happens, remove this unused herd and assign bugs and ebuilds to m-n, so
people at least see, that those ebuilds are not maintained, instead of getting the false impression
of maintainership by an empty herd.

--
Thomas Sachau

Gentoo Linux Developer
 
Old 03-22-2010, 02:25 AM
"Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto"
 
Default Empty herd: sgml

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 21-03-2010 11:41, Thomas Sachau wrote:
> I see, that the sgml herd seems to be empty for a longer time, so i would like to ask, if someone
> wants to take that herd and the related ebuilds and bugs over or if we should delete that herd and
> assign related ebuilds/bugs to m-n.

Here is a list of the packages that would be moved to maintainer-wanted:

app-doc/halibut
app-office/passepartout
app-text/asciidoc
app-text/build-docbook-catalog
app-text/docbook2X
app-text/docbook-dsssl-stylesheets
app-text/docbook-sgml-dtd
app-text/docbook-sgml
app-text/docbook-sgml-utils
app-text/docbook-xml-dtd
app-text/docbook-xml-simple-dtd
app-text/docbook-xsl-stylesheets
app-text/gentoo-guide-xml-dtd
app-text/grutatxt
app-text/html2text
app-text/html401
app-text/htmlrecode
app-text/htmltidy
app-text/html-xml-utils
app-text/linuxdoc-tools
app-text/openjade
app-text/opensp
app-text/robodoc
app-text/sablotron
app-text/sgml-common
app-text/sgmltools-lite
app-text/sgrep
app-text/txt2tags
app-text/xhtml1
app-text/xml2doc
app-text/xml2
app-text/xmlformat
app-text/xmlstarlet
app-text/xmlto
www-client/htmlview


The following packages would be dropped to the remaining maintainers:

app-emacs/nxml-mode (emacs)
app-emacs/psgml (emacs)
app-text/gnome-doc-utils (gnome)
app-text/highlight (tex)
app-text/scrollkeeper-dtd (gnome)
app-text/scrollkeeper (gnome)
app-text/webgen (ruby)
dev-ruby/xml-simple (ruby)

- --
Regards,

Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / KDE / Elections
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.14 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iQIbBAEBAgAGBQJLpuM3AAoJEC8ZTXQF1qEP5h4P91jz8Ud4an KN809+34k5hHMQ
71vmLWkzXHRBRzrGZr+2XxvkRcdB7NxnKvB4/5y25ZyNz45oSL65Ai1o+julnv4B
XO0nQQyn3FKkhCt2P8atLRTikGDPPrf00QmslplgxxJEjFIJL6 8fEpg8AMYNeqBj
qnnp+TEhyJ03J3lAl8hxPjqb3LHiWx2pQwyueDil8HrLZMobe0 KGODpJG4gmj80i
zTZR8R1Li/aUcOgCrDHg4vtMaYhq9bD+BajS9/JdCNjJBhw27R3bK5DSTJJMEG03
WmxGkyih6gzJ0N6gwyknmhNOkVYD6YHhyeU73deQ4tnQ7eIjw1 GwEoTHzzdOGXVd
8fr6PCe+4RlvG21eIhx3Slajk/BXZic8UNNu2FsxSAgkHc0vF02dqq5mB4wN08XZ
r68Z//QzCLCVWdg+oULQO/3iN/2CqrkMQlcJAqB1DXs4ldxaijrtJlXumnP4L+85
GYxYPROFyHBkW7a/PPe+OZQIExqjG64BMOfPGIgzOQQsLjZtlPM/kGvE0RfFJ0J7
PmCD2oZAxaOvItGkxElg/I+ApvKwaxFOp+5MrHQU4xUxh/n7xzgHTigzto9vwvcu
keGj2vQXKmu0RD7T3ECxUJoFwtnSB9kpvjUjpAHDFybXZNJpMj 11zS1rbtEwVTkG
GUT733E4mNMo5qol+00=
=06aK
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
 
Old 03-22-2010, 05:59 AM
Mike Frysinger
 
Default Empty herd: sgml

On Sunday 21 March 2010 17:22:55 Thomas Sachau wrote:
> Am 21.03.2010 18:06, schrieb Mike Frysinger:
> > On Sunday 21 March 2010 08:41:15 Thomas Sachau wrote:
> >> I see, that the sgml herd seems to be empty for a longer time, so i
> >> would like to ask, if someone wants to take that herd and the related
> >> ebuilds and bugs over or if we should delete that herd and assign
> >> related ebuilds/bugs to m-n.
> >
> > if someone were to step up, we'd have to undo any changes we just did.
> > why not add m-n to the herd definition.
>
> What exactly do you suggest?
>
> My suggestion is to give people some time to join that herd (which had open
> bugs back from 2006!) for some time and if nothing happens, remove this
> unused herd and assign bugs and ebuilds to m-n, so people at least see,
> that those ebuilds are not maintained, instead of getting the false
> impression of maintainership by an empty herd.

deleting logical herds and updating all the xml files takes effort, as does
reverting those changes when someone steps up. from what i can see, there is
no gain doing this.

simple mark the herd itself as m-n, update the staffing needs page, and then
re-assign the bugs to m-n while keeping sgml herd in the cc.
-mike
 
Old 03-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Alex Alexander
 
Default Empty herd: sgml

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 02:25:43AM -0100, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
> Here is a list of the packages that would be moved to maintainer-wanted:
>
> app-doc/halibut
> app-office/passepartout
> app-text/asciidoc
> app-text/build-docbook-catalog
> app-text/docbook2X
> app-text/docbook-dsssl-stylesheets
> app-text/docbook-sgml-dtd
> app-text/docbook-sgml
> app-text/docbook-sgml-utils
> app-text/docbook-xml-dtd
> app-text/docbook-xml-simple-dtd
> app-text/docbook-xsl-stylesheets
> app-text/gentoo-guide-xml-dtd
> app-text/grutatxt
> app-text/html2text
> app-text/html401
> app-text/htmlrecode
> app-text/htmltidy
> app-text/html-xml-utils
> app-text/linuxdoc-tools
> app-text/openjade
> app-text/opensp
> app-text/robodoc
> app-text/sablotron
> app-text/sgml-common
> app-text/sgmltools-lite
> app-text/sgrep
> app-text/txt2tags
> app-text/xhtml1
> app-text/xml2doc
> app-text/xml2
> app-text/xmlformat
> app-text/xmlstarlet
> app-text/xmlto
> www-client/htmlview
>
>
> The following packages would be dropped to the remaining maintainers:
>
> app-emacs/nxml-mode (emacs)
> app-emacs/psgml (emacs)
> app-text/gnome-doc-utils (gnome)
> app-text/highlight (tex)
> app-text/scrollkeeper-dtd (gnome)
> app-text/scrollkeeper (gnome)
> app-text/webgen (ruby)
> dev-ruby/xml-simple (ruby)

A lot of useful stuff here.

I've added myself and tampakrap to the sgml herd,
we'll try to keep it in good shape

--
Alex Alexander :: wired
Gentoo Developer
www.linuxized.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:16 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org