Old 03-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Mansour Al Akeel

Default MinGW for windows - creating dlls

Hello all,
I am not sure if this is the best list to ask, but I will ask here since
it's related to development and cross compilation.

I have setup a 32 bit chroot environment to be able to cross develop for
windows. I followed this guide:

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/cross-development.xml

and Things are working ok, however, I am unable to install libraries and
generate dlls. The guide describes setting up the environment to cross
compile for other OSs and Archs, but nothing mentioned about mingw.
Can someone kindly suggest to me what are the variables for :

arch-vendor-OS-libc

I am working under 32 bit env, so I would i686 and "pc" for the vendor,
but what about the Os and libc ?

Do I need /usr/i686-mingw32/etc/make.conf and what to put in it ?

Thank you.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Wednesday 17 March 2010 09:38:31 Mansour Al Akeel wrote:
> I am not sure if this is the best list to ask

it's not really

> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/cross-development.xml

and the guide tells you where to contact:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/?part=5&chap=1
-mike

Old 03-25-2010, 03:57 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

I am not sure if this is the best list to ask, but I will ask here since
it's related to development and cross compilation.

I have setup a 32 bit chroot environment to be able to cross develop for
windows. I followed this guide:

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/cross-development.xml

You should be better off using this instead:

http://www.nongnu.org/mingw-cross-env

Old 03-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Thursday 25 March 2010 12:57:21 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 03/17/2010 03:38 PM, Mansour Al Akeel wrote:
> > I am not sure if this is the best list to ask, but I will ask here since
> > it's related to development and cross compilation.
> >
> > I have setup a 32 bit chroot environment to be able to cross develop for
> > windows. I followed this guide:
> >
> > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/cross-development.xml
>
> You should be better off using this instead:
>
> http://www.nongnu.org/mingw-cross-env

mingw + dlls + etc... works just fine under crossdev/Gentoo
-mike

Old 03-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Nikos Chantziaras