Old 03-11-2010, 08:01 AM
Michele Noberasco

Default N00b question

Hi,

sorry to post a very n00b question on the list, but since I haven't done that in... uh years... I cannot remember the procedure to follow for masking a package for automated removal from the tree. Can someone give me a heads up or point me to the relevant documentation?

Thanks,
Michele Noberasco

Old 03-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Ben de Groot

On 11 March 2010 10:01, Michele Noberasco <s4t4n@gentoo.org> wrote:
> sorry to post a very n00b question on the list, but since I haven't done that in... uh years... I cannot remember the procedure to follow for masking a package for automated removal from the tree. Can someone give me a heads up or point me to the relevant documentation?

See http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/treecleaners/ and the policy doc
referred to on that page.

Cheers,
--
Ben de Groot
Gentoo Linux developer (qt, media, lxde, desktop-misc)

Old 03-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Michele Noberasco

Il giorno 11/mar/2010, alle ore 12.35, Ben de Groot ha scritto:

> On 11 March 2010 10:01, Michele Noberasco <s4t4n@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> sorry to post a very n00b question on the list, but since I haven't done that in... uh years... I cannot remember the procedure to follow for masking a package for automated removal from the tree. Can someone give me a heads up or point me to the relevant documentation?
>
> See http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/treecleaners/ and the policy doc
> referred to on that page.
Thanks, this helped.

Regards,