Old 03-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Mike Frysinger

Default Gentoo calendar for tracking Gentoo events

On Wednesday 10 March 2010 07:56:42 Alex Alexander wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 07:45:21AM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > the front page of http://gentoo.org/ now links to a Google Calendar (see
> > side bar). this has been around for a while, but it seems it's been
> > more of an "underground" thing, so it's time to raise its awareness.
> >
> > like other aspects of Gentoo, all Gentoo developers have access to it to
> > add their own events. anything Gentoo related may be added of course !
> > meetings, events, scheduled package events, etc...
> >
> > the access step requires a bit of help though -- simply e-mail me off
> > list your gmail account and we can get you set up. once you have
> > access, you may easily pass it on to other Gentoo peeps.
>
> excellent idea! thanks for taking the time to do this

sorry, i didnt mean to make it sound like this was my idea ... Diego put it
together originally and it's slowly grown since

> i've added my gentoo email to my personal google account so you should be
> able to add me using that, could you try?

google didnt warn when i added, so presumably it worked
-mike

Old 03-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Alex Alexander

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 08:18:11AM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 March 2010 07:56:42 Alex Alexander wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 07:45:21AM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > > the front page of http://gentoo.org/ now links to a Google Calendar (see
> > > side bar). this has been around for a while, but it seems it's been
> > > more of an "underground" thing, so it's time to raise its awareness.
> > >
> > > like other aspects of Gentoo, all Gentoo developers have access to it to
> > > add their own events. anything Gentoo related may be added of course !
> > > meetings, events, scheduled package events, etc...
> > >
> > > the access step requires a bit of help though -- simply e-mail me off
> > > list your gmail account and we can get you set up. once you have
> > > access, you may easily pass it on to other Gentoo peeps.
> >
> > excellent idea! thanks for taking the time to do this
>
> sorry, i didnt mean to make it sound like this was my idea ... Diego put it
> together originally and it's slowly grown since
>
> > i've added my gentoo email to my personal google account so you should be
> > able to add me using that, could you try?
>
> google didnt warn when i added, so presumably it worked
> -mike

it did, thanks
--
Alex Alexander :: wired
Gentoo Developer

Old 03-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Dror Levin

bar). *this has been around for a while, but it seems it's been more of an

"underground" thing, so it's time to raise its awareness.

like other aspects of Gentoo, all Gentoo developers have access to it to add

their own events. *anything Gentoo related may be added of course ! *meetings,

events, scheduled package events, etc...

the access step requires a bit of help though -- simply e-mail me off list

your gmail account and we can get you set up. *once you have access, you may

easily pass it on to other Gentoo peeps.

-mike

I added my gentoo mail to my google account, so it should now work. Please add me

Thanks a lot,
Dror Levin

Old 03-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Roy Bamford

On 2010.03.10 12:45, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> the front page of http://gentoo.org/ now links to a Google Calendar
> (see side
> bar).
[snip]

> the access step requires a bit of help though -- simply e-mail me off
> list
> your gmail account and we can get you set up. once you have access,
> you may
> easily pass it on to other Gentoo peeps.
> -mike

Mike,

Please add roy.bamford@googlemail.com

Roy Bamford
(Neddyseagoon) an member of
gentoo-ops
forum-mods
trustees

Old 03-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Duncan

Mike Frysinger posted on Wed, 10 Mar 2010 07:45:21 -0500 as excerpted:

> the front page of http://gentoo.org/ now links to a Google Calendar (see
> side bar). this has been around for a while, but it seems it's been
> more of an "underground" thing, so it's time to raise its awareness.
>
> like other aspects of Gentoo, all Gentoo developers have access to it to
> add their own events. anything Gentoo related may be added of course !
> meetings, events, scheduled package events, etc...
>
> the access step requires a bit of help though -- simply e-mail me off
> list your gmail account and we can get you set up. once you have
> access, you may easily pass it on to other Gentoo peeps.

So a gmail account is now considered mandatory for Gentoo devs, at least
if they want calendar access?

What about those who might think that Google knows enough about them with
search and the web crawling and database correlation Google does, and
whatever ad serving might leak thru, and object to having a gmail account
on principle?

Old 03-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Richard Freeman