Old 03-10-2010, 02:30 AM
Sebastian Pipping

Default webapp-config needs a new maintainer

Hello!

There are quite a few bugs open for it plus the latest version (1.50.18)
is not even in Gentoo but on SourceForge only.
Its upstream Gunnar left Gentoo due to lack of time recently.

As I got project admin rights for layman from Gunnar before I know that
a similar thing should be theoretical possible for you and
webapp-config, too.

So your first task would be a proper bump and a maybe few bug fixes after:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/webapp-config/files/
https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=webapp-config

I know there's people using this tool. If you use it this is your
chance to ensure it keeps in good shape. Being proxied or mentored
initially should also work in case you want that.

Thanks,

Sebastian