Old 03-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Fabian Groffen

Default Lastrite: app-antivirus/f-prot

On 07-03-2010 01:19:49 -0600, Dale wrote:
> Fabian Groffen wrote:
> > # Fabian Groffen<grobian@gentoo.org> (06 Mar 2010)
> > # Masked for security issues and discontinued interest from upstream to
> > # support non-Windows platforms. Bug #233928
> > # Pending removal on April 6, 2010
> > app-antivirus/f-prot
>
> I use f-prot once in a blue moon and have it installed. While I won't
> miss it, I went to the website out of curiosity. They *claim* to have
> released version 6, which is currently in the tree and is the same
> version for windoze. I did read where they are cutting off windoze 98,
> ME and such. I didn't see any mention of stopping Linux.
>
> Am I correct to assume that someone has direct contact with them and
> they said they are not fixing Linux issues?

The problem is that the security fixes are in 6.0.9+, whereas the highest
version for Linux (x86) is 6.0.3. Look at this list:
http://www.f-prot.com/download/home_user/
You can see that for them 64-bit (amd64) is even less important than
x86.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Old 03-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Dale

Fabian Groffen wrote:

[...]

Then I guess it is bye bye to f-prot. If they won't keep it up to date,
it will either be gone or be dead.

Thanks for the link.

Dale

:-) :-)