Old 03-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Markos Chandras

Default Last rites: net-misc/tipcutils

# Markos Chandras <hwoarang@gentoo.org> (02 Mar 2010)
# Fails to build. Unmaintained. Bug #298143. It will be removed in
# 2010-05-02
net-misc/tipcutils
--
Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
Gentoo Linux Developer

Old 03-02-2010, 06:29 PM
malc

Markos,

Provided trivial debug/fix on bug. I'm an ex-dev so I know the
workload - but I'd love to see QA be looking to make these minor
fixes, rather than simply mask/remove?

Cheers,
malc.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Markos Chandras

On Tuesday 02 March 2010 21:29:00 malc wrote:
> Markos,
>
> Provided trivial debug/fix on bug. I'm an ex-dev so I know the
> workload - but I'd love to see QA be looking to make these minor
> fixes, rather than simply mask/remove?
>
> Cheers,
> malc.
>
> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > # Markos Chandras <hwoarang@gentoo.org> (02 Mar 2010)
> > # Fails to build. Unmaintained. Bug #298143. It will be removed in
> > # 2010-05-02
> > net-misc/tipcutils
> > --
> > Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
> > Gentoo Linux Developer
> > Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org
I 've seen the bug. I will take care of it Since you are an ex-dev you are
aware of our policy on maintainer-needed bugs. We simply dont have the free
time to take care of their bugs :/
Thanks for stepping up and help me with this

I really appreciate it

Old 03-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Markos Chandras

On Tuesday 02 March 2010 21:31:39 Markos Chandras wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 March 2010 21:29:00 malc wrote:
> > Markos,
> >
> > Provided trivial debug/fix on bug. I'm an ex-dev so I know the
> > workload - but I'd love to see QA be looking to make these minor
> > fixes, rather than simply mask/remove?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > malc.
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@gentoo.org>
wrote:
> > > # Markos Chandras <hwoarang@gentoo.org> (02 Mar 2010)
> > > # Fails to build. Unmaintained. Bug #298143. It will be removed in
> > > # 2010-05-02
> > > net-misc/tipcutils
> > > --
> > > Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
> > > Gentoo Linux Developer
> > > Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org
>
> I 've seen the bug. I will take care of it Since you are an ex-dev you
> are aware of our policy on maintainer-needed bugs. We simply dont have the
> free time to take care of their bugs :/
> Thanks for stepping up and help me with this
>
> I really appreciate it
Fixed

The package will stay on tree
Thanks

Old 03-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Alec Warner

Why make the fixes when we can announce package-death on -dev and get
the fixes for free from concerned users?

Old 03-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Samuli Suominen

On 03/02/2010 10:49 PM, Alec Warner wrote:
> Why make the fixes when we can announce package-death on -dev and get
> the fixes for free from concerned users?

Exactly. :-)