Old 02-16-2010, 06:20 PM
"Robin H. Johnson"

Default News item: MySQL 5.1 bump

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 10:48:52AM -0800, Joshua Saddler wrote:
> > pr@gentoo.org has yet to be CCed to any mails as far as I can see.
> > It's done now.
Hmm, I did CC it with the second rev. Not sure why you didn't get it.

> I still don't know why we're always CCed . . . but anyway, the latest
> version that Robin posted looks okay. Including the upgrade procedure
> link was the most important add-on.

The GLEP says:
====
Thus, at least 72 hours before a proposed news item is committed, it must be
posted to the gentoo-dev mailing list and Cc:ed to pr@gentoo.org (exceptions
may be made in exceptional circumstances). Any complaints — for example
regarding wording, clarity or accuracy — must be addressed before the news item
goes live.
====

Giving the staffing levels of PR vs. the eyes on the -dev ML, I don't see the
point either.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail : robbat2@gentoo.org

Old 02-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Joshua Saddler

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:20:06 +0000
"Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Giving the staffing levels of PR vs. the eyes on the -dev ML, I don't see the
> point either.

Yup. Besides, it's not like any of us have commit access to go back and fix something in a news announcement after the fact. Portage tree news items . . . what we do in PR really doesn't seem like it's suited to that aspect of Gentoo.

The thing I care about most is that there's proper documentation released (or linked) along with the announcement. In this case, you did, so well done.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:23 AM
"Robin H. Johnson"

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 09:21:36PM +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> This is my last blocker for getting MySQL 5.1 series into ~arch status.

The MySQL 5.1 news item with all updates is now commited, and 5.1.x have
been unblocked in package.mask.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail : robbat2@gentoo.org