Old 02-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Samuli Suominen

Default desktop-misc@ needs your help

While we have few devs listed in desktop-misc, nobody is really looking
at the bugs in general so it's like a clone of maintainer-needed alias
at the moment... The bug count has escalated in /a year/ from /5 to 83/
(only counting directly assigned ones). So... as usual, if you are
bored, feel free to join

Ty, Samuli

Old 02-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Markos Chandras

On Saturday 06 February 2010 19:22:47 Samuli Suominen wrote:
> While we have few devs listed in desktop-misc, nobody is really looking
> at the bugs in general so it's like a clone of maintainer-needed alias
> at the moment... The bug count has escalated in /a year/ from /5 to 83/
> (only counting directly assigned ones). So... as usual, if you are
> bored, feel free to join
>
> Ty, Samuli

Thanks Samuli for stepping up making this announcement. I was about to join
that herd anyway

Cheers
--
Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
Gentoo Linux Developer

Old 02-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Krzysiek Pawlik

On 02/07/10 09:38, Markos Chandras wrote:
> On Saturday 06 February 2010 19:22:47 Samuli Suominen wrote:
>> While we have few devs listed in desktop-misc, nobody is really looking
>> at the bugs in general so it's like a clone of maintainer-needed alias
>> at the moment... The bug count has escalated in /a year/ from /5 to 83/
>> (only counting directly assigned ones). So... as usual, if you are
>> bored, feel free to join
>>
>> Ty, Samuli
>>
> Thanks Samuli for stepping up making this announcement. I was about to join
> that herd anyway

Don't forget about desktop-dock And as probably with any other team: if you
want to help -- join! There's no time to waste

--
Krzysiek Pawlik <nelchael at gentoo.org> key id: 0xBC555551
desktop-misc, java, apache, ppc, vim, kernel, python...

Old 02-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Ben de Groot

I was thinking that maybe we should join the desktop-wm [1] and
desktop-util [2] subprojects and elect one lead, as all herds under
these projects seem to lack manpower and coordination. And we could
try to recruit a few new devs for these herds as well. As I am now a
full-time openbox user, I am willing to redirect some of my activity
to this area.

1: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/wm/index.xml
2: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/util/index.xml
--
Ben de Groot
Gentoo Linux developer (qt, media, lxde, desktop-misc)