Old 01-31-2010, 08:20 AM
"Robin H. Johnson"

Default Tree-signing GLEPs update

I'm putting the remaining tree-signing GLEPs up here on the lists again,
now that I've integrated the requested changes to them. I hoped to get
them out before now, but I've had a lot going on as usual.

Thanks to the following for their questions:
- ulm
- Calchan
- solar

Hopefully I haven't left any bits out.

Further questions are strongly encouraged at this point, because there
is even less chance I'm going to be present at the next council meeting,
as I'll be in Brussels at the time.

Changes I've made will be summarized in each GLEP mail in this thread.

The prototype code remains at the same place in CVS:
http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo/users/robbat2/tree-signing-gleps/prototype/
- generate-metamanifest.py generates a top-level MetaManifest only, not
yet updated for subdirectory Manifests. (I just split the MetaManifest
with some bad Perl for size estimations).
- gnupg-verify/ speed-daemon ways to verify many signed files. Once you
dodge the bad gpgme design of one exec per verify, you're basically
limited only by seek time for handling 10k files.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail : robbat2@gentoo.org