Old 01-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Robert Buchholz

Default g15 and freevo up for grabs

Hello,

I want to drop maintenance for some of the packages that I have acquired
over the years. Some of them are still co-maintained, some are now
unmaintained.

=== Freevo ===

Freevo is split up in different Python components. They are all
maintained by a herd, but a dedicated maintainer is needed.

media-tv/freevo # media-tv herd

dev-python/kaa-base # python herd
dev-python/kaa-display # python herd
dev-python/kaa-imlib2 # python herd
dev-python/kaa-metadata # python herd
dev-python/pynotifier # python herd

== G15 tools ===

These packages are now without a maintainer:

app-misc/g15macro
app-misc/g15message
dev-libs/libg15render
media-plugins/audacious-g15-spectrum
app-misc/g15mpd
app-misc/g15stats # already maintainer-needed

These are maintained by Chainsaw:

app-misc/g15composer
app-misc/g15daemon
dev-libs/libg15

Most g15 tools are part of the LCD herd. Since that is only actively
myself, it does not help. I will replace the herd association in four
weeks if no new maintainer steps up or a new "g15" herd is formed.
Otherwise the lack of maintenance is just hidden.

Thanks,

Robert

Old 01-18-2010, 07:29 PM
"Robin H. Johnson"

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 05:56:08PM +0100, Robert Buchholz wrote:
> These packages are now without a maintainer:
>
> app-misc/g15macro
> app-misc/g15message
> dev-libs/libg15render
> app-misc/g15stats # already maintainer-needed
I use the above, and will take them.

> media-plugins/audacious-g15-spectrum
Maybe, if nobody else comes forwards.

> app-misc/g15mpd
no.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail : robbat2@gentoo.org

Old 01-18-2010, 09:53 PM
"Tony "Chainsaw" Vroon"

On Mon, 2010-01-18 at 20:29 +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> I use the above, and will take them.

Please do feel free to take g15daemon & friends as well, I've not been
able to provide them with the attention they deserve.

> > media-plugins/audacious-g15-spectrum

I'd rather just get this upstream in Audacious and have the ebuild
disappear.

Regards,
Tony V.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:09 AM
"Robin H. Johnson"

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 10:53:53PM +0000, Tony Chainsaw Vroon wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-01-18 at 20:29 +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> > I use the above, and will take them.
>
> Please do feel free to take g15daemon & friends as well, I've not been
> able to provide them with the attention they deserve.
>
> > > media-plugins/audacious-g15-spectrum
> I'd rather just get this upstream in Audacious and have the ebuild
> disappear.
Trade you this for your other g15 packages.

That just leaves app-misc/g15mpd for somebody else.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail : robbat2@gentoo.org

Old 01-19-2010, 03:24 AM
Doug Goldstein

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Robert Buchholz <rbu@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to drop maintenance for some of the packages that I have acquired
> over the years. Some of them are still co-maintained, some are now
> unmaintained.
>
> === Freevo ===
>
> Freevo is split up in different Python components. They are all
> maintained by a herd, but a dedicated maintainer is needed.
>
> media-tv/freevo * * * * * *# media-tv herd

Should be worth noting that no one from media-tv herd actually uses
freevo or has an interest in it. You've got 2 MythTV guys and 2 vdr
guys in the herd and that's it. Unless someone steps up this package
should be marked maintainer-needed.

--
Doug Goldstein