Old 01-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Ral Porcel

Default Last rites: ccc.eclass

This is an ancient eclass that was used when the Compaq C Compiler still
worked, but was removed from the tree some time ago.

Removal of the eclass on 2010/02/01.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Ral Porcel

scarabeus told me that the eclass can't be removed until two years since
the deprecation date, so...

Removal of the eclass on 2012/01/11

Old 01-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Brian Harring

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 09:25:51PM +0100, Raaal Porcel wrote:
> scarabeus told me that the eclass can't be removed until two years since
> the deprecation date, so...
>
> Removal of the eclass on 2012/01/11

Reasoning? Prior to env saving we couldn't particularly punt
eclasses, but env saving is widely deployed now...

~harring

Old 01-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Tomáš Chvátal

Old 01-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Petteri Rty

On 01/12/2010 12:23 AM, Brian Harring wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 09:25:51PM +0100, Raaal Porcel wrote:
>> scarabeus told me that the eclass can't be removed until two years since
>> the deprecation date, so...
>>
>> Removal of the eclass on 2012/01/11
>
> Reasoning? Prior to env saving we couldn't particularly punt
> eclasses, but env saving is widely deployed now...
>
> ~harring

At least my argument at the time was that better to be safe when the
benefit from removing old eclasses isn't that much.

Regards,
Petteri

Old 01-26-2010, 06:17 AM
Ryan Hill

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 15:29:48 +0200
Petteri Rty <betelgeuse@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 01/12/2010 12:23 AM, Brian Harring wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 09:25:51PM +0100, Raaal Porcel wrote:
> >> scarabeus told me that the eclass can't be removed until two years since
> >> the deprecation date, so...
> >>
> >> Removal of the eclass on 2012/01/11
> >
> > Reasoning? Prior to env saving we couldn't particularly punt
> > eclasses, but env saving is widely deployed now...
> >
> > ~harring
>
> At least my argument at the time was that better to be safe when the
> benefit from removing old eclasses isn't that much.

Still, waiting another two years to be able to remove an eclass which
itself hasn't been used in two years seems a little ridiculous. I can see
waiting two years from when env saving went into stable, but that's passed
already.

wxlib.eclass was recently removed (accidentally) after being
deprecated for just a couple months, and the world continued to revolve
despite it.

--
fonts, looks like Christmas at 55 degrees
gcc-porting, this latitude weakens my knees