Old 01-02-2010, 12:44 PM
David Shakaryan

Default Farewell, Gentoo.

Hello, everybody!

I would like to formally request that I be retired from the Gentoo
project. A developer since 2006, there is a lot I would like to thank
the community for. Over the past few years, I have learnt a lot, and
have had the pleasure to work with and befriend many wonderful people.

However, I can no longer find the time, nor the motivation, to continue
working on the project. Despite my numerous comeback attempts, I believe
it's time to face the facts and admit that I've changed as a person and
Gentoo is no longer one of my priorities. I have other things in life I
need to pursue.

I will not be vanishing from the community altogether. You should still
be able to find me on IRC (omp @ freenode). And, if you care enough, I
have recently created a Twitter account (@ompskees) as well.

Once again, thank you for everything, but my time has come. Adieu!

--
David Shakaryan

Old 01-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Ben de Groot

2010/1/2 David Shakaryan <omp@gentoo.org>:
> Hello, everybody!
>
> I would like to formally request that I be retired from the Gentoo
> project. A developer since 2006, there is a lot I would like to thank
> the community for. Over the past few years, I have learnt a lot, and
> have had the pleasure to work with and befriend many wonderful people.

Thanks David! It was a pleasure working with you. I wish you all the best.

Cheers,
--
Ben de Groot
Gentoo Linux developer (qt, media, lxde, desktop-misc)

Old 01-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Roy Bamford

On 2010.01.02 13:44, David Shakaryan wrote:
> Hello, everybody!
>
> I would like to formally request that I be retired from the Gentoo
> project. A developer since 2006, there is a lot I would like to thank
> the community for. Over the past few years, I have learnt a lot, and
> have had the pleasure to work with and befriend many wonderful
> people.
>
> However, I can no longer find the time, nor the motivation, to
> continue
> working on the project. Despite my numerous comeback attempts, I
> believe
> it's time to face the facts and admit that I've changed as a person
> and
> Gentoo is no longer one of my priorities. I have other things in life
> need to pursue.
>
> I will not be vanishing from the community altogether. You should
> still
> be able to find me on IRC (omp @ freenode). And, if you care enough,
> have recently created a Twitter account (@ompskees) as well.
>
> Once again, thank you for everything, but my time has come. Adieu!
>
> --
> David Shakaryan

David,

You can't give up Gentoo altogether, there will always be the urge for
just one more emerge.

All the best for your future endevours, whatever they may be.

Roy Bamford
(Neddyseagoon) an member of
gentoo-ops
forum-mods
trustees

Old 01-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Arun Raghavan

2010/1/2 David Shakaryan <omp@gentoo.org>:
[...]
> Once again, thank you for everything, but my time has come. Adieu!

Nomp!

All the best for the future, and hope the irresistible urge to omp
just one more ebuild brings you back.

Cheers,
--
Arun Raghavan
http://arunraghavan.net/

Old 01-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Alexander Fry

On Sat, Jan 02, 2010 at 05:44:31AM -0800, David Shakaryan wrote:
> Once again, thank you for everything, but my time has come. Adieu!

Looks like one of the last of "our generation" of Gentoo kids is going
to leave.

Thanks for everything omp, hopefully you'll say hello every once in a
while in some of our shared IRC channels.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Jess Guerrero

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 05:44:31 -0800, David Shakaryan <omp@gentoo.org>
wrote:
> Hello, everybody!
>
> I would like to formally request that I be retired from the Gentoo
> project. A developer since 2006, there is a lot I would like to thank
> the community for. Over the past few years, I have learnt a lot, and
> have had the pleasure to work with and befriend many wonderful people.
>
> However, I can no longer find the time, nor the motivation, to continue
> working on the project. Despite my numerous comeback attempts, I believe
> it's time to face the facts and admit that I've changed as a person and
> Gentoo is no longer one of my priorities. I have other things in life I
> need to pursue.
>
> I will not be vanishing from the community altogether. You should still
> be able to find me on IRC (omp @ freenode). And, if you care enough, I
> have recently created a Twitter account (@ompskees) as well.
>
> Once again, thank you for everything, but my time has come. Adieu!

Bye David, I wish you luck on whatever way you choose to follow from now
on.
--
Jess Guerrero