Old 12-31-2009, 05:02 PM
Nirbheek Chauhan

Default package up for grabs (almost everything in the livecd herd)

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@gentoo.org> wrote:
> If you are interested in any of the below packages, feel free to steal it (and
> change the maintainer and herd bit in the metadata.xml).
>
> dev-python/pyparted - Used by the now defunct GLI

This has also not been updated since 2007 --
https://fedorahosted.org/releases/p/y/pyparted/

> sys-libs/libkudzu - needed by sys-apps/hwsetup
> sys-apps/hwdata-gentoo - Data used by sys-apps/hwsetup
> sys-apps/hwsetup - Used for hardware (video mostly) detection for LiveCD

I don't think these two (three?) are required anymore, what with the
hardware detection by the kernel and udev becoming excellent. Maybe
they should be tree-cleaned while archiving hwsetup-gentoo's distfiles
somewhere?

> sys-apps/parted - Required by dev-python/pyparted

And sys-apps/gparted -- if no one else takes this, gnome herd (or I)
can take it I suppose

> sys-fs/squashfs-tools - Used by catalyst to create loop image

And is useful for anyone who wants to use squashfs

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan

Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team