Old 12-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Andrew Gaffney

Default package up for grabs (almost everything in the livecd herd)

In the olden days, the livecd herd was basically wolf31o2 and covered any
packages that releng had a passing interest in, even if not directly used during
the release building process. Since wolf31o2 retired over a year ago, many of
the packages owned by the livecd herd have basically become unmaintained (except
for the ones that I myself have an interest in).

If you are interested in any of the below packages, feel free to steal it (and
change the maintainer and herd bit in the metadata.xml).

app-arch/pbzip2 - We pondered using it at some point to take advantage of all
the shiny new multi-proc boxes that releng and its members had laying around
app-admin/pwgen - This is used by the LiveCD to generate a "random" password.
It looks like upstream hasn't touched this since it was last bumped in the
tree.
dev-python/pyparted - Used by the now defunct GLI
sys-apps/hwdata-gentoo - Data used by sys-apps/hwsetup
sys-apps/hwsetup - Used for hardware (video mostly) detection for LiveCD
sys-apps/parted - Required by dev-python/pyparted
sys-fs/squashfs-tools - Used by catalyst to create loop image
sys-libs/libkudzu - needed by sys-apps/hwsetup

Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead

Old 12-31-2009, 03:11 PM
justin

On 31/12/09 15:55, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
> app-admin/pwgen - This is used by the LiveCD to generate a "random" password.
> It looks like upstream hasn't touched this since it was last bumped in the
> tree.

I would take this one. Jeremy, would you proxy me the next time?

Old 12-31-2009, 03:20 PM
Jeremy Olexa

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 17:11:57 +0100, justin <jlec@j-schmitz.net> wrote:
> On 31/12/09 15:55, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
>> app-admin/pwgen - This is used by the LiveCD to generate a "random"
>> password.
>> It looks like upstream hasn't touched this since it was last bumped
>> in the
>> tree.
>
> I would take this one. Jeremy, would you proxy me the next time?

Only until your recruitment bug is done.
-Jeremy