Old 12-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Victor Ostorga

Default Last rites for net-dns/ldapdns

# Víctor Ostorga <vostorga@gentoo.org> (23 Dec 2009)
# Last bump in 2005, does not build against current
# stable net-nds/openldap-2.4.19-r1 bug #247956
# Removal in 30 days
net-dns/ldapdns

Old 12-25-2009, 02:00 PM
Joshua Saddler

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:40:06 -0600
Victor Ostorga <vostorga@gentoo.org> wrote:

> # Víctor Ostorga <vostorga@gentoo.org> (23 Dec 2009)
> # Last bump in 2005, does not build against current
> # stable net-nds/openldap-2.4.19-r1 bug #247956
> # Removal in 30 days
> net-dns/ldapdns

So what about http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ldapdns-guide.xml -- you want the GDP to just remove the doc? We can do that.

Is there a compatible drop-in replacement that will allow us to s/ldapdns/foo throughout the guide?

Old 12-26-2009, 04:47 AM
Victor Ostorga

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 07:00:22 -0800
Joshua Saddler <nightmorph@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:40:06 -0600
> Victor Ostorga <vostorga@gentoo.org> wrote:
>

> > # Víctor Ostorga <vostorga@gentoo.org> (23 Dec 2009)
> > # Last bump in 2005, does not build against current
> > # stable net-nds/openldap-2.4.19-r1 bug #247956
> > # Removal in 30 days
> > net-dns/ldapdns
> >

> So what about http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ldapdns-guide.xml -- you
> want the GDP to just remove the doc? We can do that.

Yes, it will be needed to remove the doc.

> Is there a compatible drop-in replacement that will allow us to
> s/ldapdns/foo throughout the guide?

Unfortunately, I don't know an exact replacemente for ldapdns, at some
point I heard about a LDAP sdb back-end for BIND 9 [1], but don't know
if it is still functional.

[1] http://bind9-ldap.bayour.com/

Regards,

Víctor

Old 12-26-2009, 06:42 AM
"Mario Fetka (geos_one)"

Am Samstag 26 Dezember 2009 06:47:51 schrieb Victor Ostorga:
> On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 07:00:22 -0800
>
> Joshua Saddler <nightmorph@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:40:06 -0600
> >
> > Victor Ostorga <vostorga@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > > # Víctor Ostorga <vostorga@gentoo.org> (23 Dec 2009)
> > > # Last bump in 2005, does not build against current
> > > # stable net-nds/openldap-2.4.19-r1 bug #247956
> > > # Removal in 30 days
> > > net-dns/ldapdns
> >
> > So what about http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ldapdns-guide.xml -- you
> > want the GDP to just remove the doc? We can do that.
>
> Yes, it will be needed to remove the doc.
>
> > Is there a compatible drop-in replacement that will allow us to
> > s/ldapdns/foo throughout the guide?
>
> Unfortunately, I don't know an exact replacemente for ldapdns, at some
> point I heard about a LDAP sdb back-end for BIND 9 [1], but don't know
> if it is still functional.
>
> [1] http://bind9-ldap.bayour.com/

and also powerdns
has ldap support
the bind sdb ldap backand is in tree
both ldap backands share the same ldap structure with some small diffferences

Mario

Old 12-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Joshua Saddler

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 23:47:51 -0600
Victor Ostorga <vostorga@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Yes, it will be needed to remove the doc.
>
> > Is there a compatible drop-in replacement that will allow us to
> > s/ldapdns/foo throughout the guide?
>
> Unfortunately, I don't know an exact replacemente for ldapdns, at some
> point I heard about a LDAP sdb back-end for BIND 9 [1], but don't know
> if it is still functional.
>
> [1] http://bind9-ldap.bayour.com/

Well, without documentation on how to use it, we can't do anything, so I just removed the LDAP DNS guide entirely. RESO FIXED from the GDP.