Old 12-21-2009, 05:05 AM
Jeremy Olexa

Default About treecleaners, a status update

Hello all,
The treecleaner team wanted to update you all on the status.

Bottom line: We could use more people.

What we do:
The treecleaner team last-rites and removes ebuilds as applicable. The
reasons for removal are many. If we can trivially fix the package, we
will try our best.

What we want to do:
We want to be more proactive, instead of reactive. It would be nice to
seek out packages that haven't been touched in 4 years and do a QA
audit. Similarly, it would be nice to *look* for bugs instead of just
wait until they are assigned to us. We also lost the ability to vote on
packages because all that we see are those that are already broken and
there isn't enough collective time between us to vote.

How you can help:
If you are interested in joining the team. Stop by #gentoo-treecleaners in
irc
and look for one of us. You do not need to be a dev to join the team.

Thanks,
Jeremy (on behalf of the treecleaners)