Old 12-19-2009, 02:41 PM
Samuli Suominen

Default RFC new quiz test for when to comment in ebuilds

On 12/19/2009 05:32 PM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> Maybe I am wrong, but it could be a different question (not a code
> snippets like the other questions under 6.) with something like:
> 21. What would you do when needing to manually run "make" or
> "./configure" instead of econf/emake?

I can't see any valid usage for "make", certainly it's not for working
around parallel make issues, there's "emake -j1" for that.

Benefits in using "emake -j1" are obvious, repoman will report you
there's parallel make issues with upstream.workaround and other MAKEOPTS
aren't ignored.