Old 12-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Diego E. Pettenò

Default QA last rites for x11-wm/ion

# Diego E. Pettenò <flameeyes@gentoo.org> (13 Dec 2009)
# on behalf of QA team
#
# Pre-strip files (bug #241534), ignore flags (bug #241556),
# misplaces documentation (bug #241560), bump request open
# since August 2008 (bug #235888).
#
# Removal on 2010-02-11
x11-wm/ion

Old 12-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Ryan Hill

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 20:46:18 +0100
Diego E. Pettenò <flameeyes@gmail.com> wrote:

> # Diego E. Pettenò <flameeyes@gentoo.org> (13 Dec 2009)
> # on behalf of QA team
> #
> # Pre-strip files (bug #241534), ignore flags (bug #241556),
> # misplaces documentation (bug #241560), bump request open
> # since August 2008 (bug #235888).
> #
> # Removal on 2010-02-11
> x11-wm/ion

Really? Does it not build or something? That's pretty weak.

--
fonts, looks like Christmas at 55 degrees
gcc-porting, this latitude weakens my knees

Old 12-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Monday 14 December 2009 18:38:36 Ryan Hill wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 20:46:18 +0100 Diego E. Pettenò wrote:
> > # Diego E. Pettenò <flameeyes@gentoo.org> (13 Dec 2009)
> > # on behalf of QA team
> > #
> > # Pre-strip files (bug #241534), ignore flags (bug #241556),
> > # misplaces documentation (bug #241560), bump request open
> > # since August 2008 (bug #235888).
> > #
> > # Removal on 2010-02-11
> > x11-wm/ion
>
> Really? Does it not build or something? That's pretty weak.

yeah, "not clean enough" doesnt really imply pmask+punt. if it build fails,
that's a different story.
-mike

Old 12-15-2009, 05:52 AM
Peter Hjalmarsson

mån 2009-12-14 klockan 19:03 -0500 skrev Mike Frysinger:
> On Monday 14 December 2009 18:38:36 Ryan Hill wrote:
> > On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 20:46:18 +0100 Diego E. Pettenò wrote:
> > > # Diego E. Pettenò <flameeyes@gentoo.org> (13 Dec 2009)
> > > # on behalf of QA team
> > > #
> > > # Pre-strip files (bug #241534), ignore flags (bug #241556),
> > > # misplaces documentation (bug #241560), bump request open
> > > # since August 2008 (bug #235888).
> > > #
> > > # Removal on 2010-02-11
> > > x11-wm/ion
> >
> > Really? Does it not build or something? That's pretty weak.
>
> yeah, "not clean enough" doesnt really imply pmask+punt. if it build fails,
> that's a different story.
> -mike

On the other hand this may be something for treecleaners? A package that
has not been bumped for 7 years? With at least three releases since, and
a bumprequest open for at least one year? A link to a webside that does
not exist?
Sound like a Gentoo maintainer gone MIA or alike.
Also the project is currently more or less dead upstream since the
upstream dev switched to windows.

So I see diegos point in giving it two months to be picked up by someone
that may want to use it/maintain it.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:09 AM
Ulrich Mueller

> On the other hand this may be something for treecleaners? A package
> that has not been bumped for 7 years? With at least three releases
> since, and a bumprequest open for at least one year? A link to a
> webside that does not exist?

And both its sucessors x11-wm/ion2 and x11-wm/ion3 already punted two
years ago.

Wasn't there some licence issue with this package, too?

Ulrich

Old 12-15-2009, 07:27 AM
Rémi Cardona