Old 12-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Alexey Shvetsov

Default OpenIB stuff in gentoo

Hi all!

I'm currently maintaining OFED[1] stack in science overlay[2]. There are 26
packages in sys-infiniband category but its going to grow for 10 more.
Also there is eclass to unpack complicated OFED distribution tarball.

So what will be best place to put this software in tree? Should i keep the
sys-infiniband category or use some already available one?

[1] http://www.openfabrics.org
[2] http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/sci.git

--
Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov
Gentoo Linux Dev

Old 12-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Luca Barbato

On 12/04/2009 01:41 PM, Alexey Shvetsov wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm currently maintaining OFED[1] stack in science overlay[2]. There are 26
> packages in sys-infiniband category but its going to grow for 10 more.
> Also there is eclass to unpack complicated OFED distribution tarball.
>
> So what will be best place to put this software in tree? Should i keep the
> sys-infiniband category or use some already available one?

Some stuff could go to the net-libs and sys-kernel probably, overall
sys-infiniband or net-infiniband sounds ok given the number of ebuilds
could fit.

> [1] http://www.openfabrics.org
> [2] http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/sci.git

--