Old 11-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Ulrich Mueller

Default Last rites: app-emacs/ngnus

# Ulrich Mueller <ulm@gentoo.org> (15 Nov 2009)
# Last release was in May 2008 which is a long time
# for a development branch. Use app-emacs/gnus, or the
# Gnus version included with app-editors/emacs instead.
# Masked for removal in 30 days, bug 293302.
app-emacs/ngnus

Old 11-19-2009, 04:50 AM
James Cloos

The app-emacs/ngnus-9999 ebuild is in active use and should not go away.

It also should remain in the main tree.

(A rename to app-emacs/gnus-9999 is OK, provided it gets mentioned in
profiles/updates.)

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com> OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6

Old 11-19-2009, 07:11 AM
Ulrich Mueller

> The app-emacs/ngnus-9999 ebuild is in active use and should not go
> away. It also should remain in the main tree.

> (A rename to app-emacs/gnus-9999 is OK,

Done so. Thanks for the feedback.

> provided it gets mentioned in profiles/updates.)

It's technically not possible to do a "partial package move". But I'd
expect users of live ebuilds to be able to figure things out by
themselves.

Ulrich

Old 11-20-2009, 11:14 PM
James Cloos

>> (A rename to app-emacs/gnus-9999 is OK,
Ulrich> Done so. Thanks for the feedback.

>> provided it gets mentioned in profiles/updates.)
Ulrich> It's technically not possible to do a "partial package
Ulrich> move". But I'd expect users of live ebuilds to be able
Ulrich> to figure things out by themselves.

I took a look at one of the upates files before repying and
noticed a $P or two, not just $PN.

But on closer exam I see that those are for slot moves....

Thanks.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com> OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6