Old 11-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Tomáš Chvátal

Default KDE Team meeting November 2009

Hi,
This months meeting will be held as usual so i am anouncing it in advance so
we discuss and prepare on the topics. As a sidenote: since Qt team is leaving
us kde to their own project space this meetings from now on will be focused
only on kde relevant matters.
Informations:
When -> 19:00 UTC @ 19.11.2009
Where -> #gentoo-meetings

Topics:
kde-4.3.3 stabilisation todo:
- we should review buglist and add proper blockers
- we should also make sure those bugs are fixed before stabilisation

Documentation:
- choose dedicated maintainer that will be RESPONSIBLE for documentation
and coop with doc team. (the guy will be slapped if he will slack with
updating the docs)
- adjust the kde4 guide to cover most of the process of installing kde4
onto clean gentoo install.

upstream:
- choose person responsible for checking upstream and Backport patches
where required. This guy will be responsible for bacporting patches from svn
to main tree mostly :].

kde3:
- how is the masking going on and decide what apps should definitely still
stay in main tree

As usual the meeting is mandatory for DEV's and HT's.

Also reply to this mail with additional topic suggestions/or to discuss the
topics themselves. We should try to make our meeting short (max 1h)

Cheers

--------
Tomáš Chvátal
Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Overlays/QA/Sunrise/X11]
E-Mail : scarabeus@gentoo.org
GnuPG FP : 94A4 5CCD 85D3 DE24 FE99 F924 1C1E 9CDE 0341 4587
GnuPG ID : 03414587

Old 11-15-2009, 02:21 PM
Alex Alexander

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 03:26:24PM +0100, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
> Hi,
> This months meeting will be held as usual so i am anouncing it in advance so
> we discuss and prepare on the topics. As a sidenote: since Qt team is leaving
> us kde to their own project space this meetings from now on will be focused
> only on kde relevant matters.

Just wanted to add that although Qt has its own project now, we don't
want to break up the fine meetings we've been having so far.
So we'd like to continue having common meetings for the time being

Things we have on Qt agenda for now:

* Proposition to return to monolithic Qt ebuilds

In last meeting we decided to continue this discussion in ML.
We should revisit the subject in this meeting, especially now
that one of the major issues is gone with the removal of old Qt versions.

* Status of new qt-tng.eclass

* #gentoo-qt - its there, do we want to use it?

Thanks,
--
Alex Alexander :: wired
Gentoo Developer

Old 11-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Tomáš Chvátal

Also on the similar note i am adding 2 more topics to the meeting list:

1) Optional RDEPEND packages handling
- should we just einfo with the desired options or rather extensively use
useflags so user can control it throught them, thats the question :]

2) Our fellow colegues from exherbo have nice proposal of splitting kde so we
should think about joining in and helping.
- read up before meeting: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.scm-
interest/713
- also I would be mostly in favor of split like xorg has it. Separate
packages with various versions. Once there is release time packagers mark
desired versions and packages to be part of some release.
- also this would mean separate git repo for each app but i dont think
that is a problem :]

Cheers

Tomas

Old 11-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Theo Chatzimichos

One more issue about the Qt:

Lower the msgs in qt-* ebuilds. There are too many and ppl may loose the
important ones. I propose to add more info in our guides etc
--
Theo Chatzimichos (tampakrap)
Gentoo KDE Team

Old 11-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Ben de Groot

2009/11/17 Theo Chatzimichos <tampakrap@gentoo.org>:
> One more issue about the Qt:
>
> Lower the msgs in qt-* ebuilds. There are too many and ppl may loose the
> important ones. I propose to add more info in our guides etc

Yes. Do it.

Also, add to agenda: vote on making gitorious the main qting-edge repo.

Cheers,
--
Ben de Groot
Gentoo Linux developer (qt, media, lxde, desktop-misc)

Old 11-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Ben de Groot