Old 11-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Samuli Suominen

Default Removing kde-base/arts from tree.

Here's _somewhat_ complete list of ebuilds that have a depend on
kde-base/arts, excluding those that are masked for other reasons
or ones that I plan on handling myself.

app-backup/konserve-0.10.3:arts
app-dicts/kannadic-1.7.0:arts
app-dicts/kannadic-2.0.3:arts
app-i18n/skim-scim-anthy-1.2.4:arts
app-i18n/skim-scim-anthy-1.3.0:arts
app-laptop/khdapsmon-0.1.2:arts
app-laptop/khdapsmonitor-0.1:arts
app-laptop/kthinkbat-0.2.9:arts
app-misc/workrave-1.8.5:arts
app-misc/workrave-1.9.0:arts
app-mobilephone/ksms-0.1.2.4:arts
app-pda/ipodslave-0.6.2:arts
app-pda/ipodslave-0.7.3:arts
app-pda/synce-kde-0.9.1:arts
app-text/bibletime-1.6.5.1-r1:arts
app-text/kbarcode-2.0.6:arts
app-text/kding-0.4.3:arts
dev-db/knoda-0.8.3:arts
dev-db/kpogre-1.5.2:arts
dev-db/kpogre-1.5.4:arts
dev-db/kpogre-1.6.6:arts
dev-db/kpogre-3.0.0:arts
dev-perl/PerlQt-3.009_beta2:arts
dev-util/kdbg-2.0.5:arts
dev-util/kdoc-2.0_alpha54:arts
dev-util/kprof-1.4.3-r1:arts
mail-client/kbiff-3.8:arts
mail-client/mailody-0.4.0:arts
mail-client/mailody-0.5.0:arts
mail-client/mailody-0.5.0-r1:arts
media-libs/allegro-4.2.2-r1:arts
media-libs/libsdl-1.2.13-r1:arts
media-libs/mediastreamer-2.2.3_p1-r1:arts
media-libs/mediastreamer-2.2.4:arts
media-plugins/audacious-plugins-1.5.1-r3:arts
media-plugins/hayes-1.3:arts
media-plugins/hayes-1.4:arts
media-plugins/jefferson-3.2:arts
media-radio/qsstv-5.3c:arts
media-tv/kvdr-0.64-r3:arts
media-video/kavi2svcd-0.8.7:arts
media-video/kmenc15-0.03:arts
media-video/kmenc15-0.04:arts
media-video/ksubtile-1.1:arts
media-video/ksubtile-1.2:arts
media-video/ksubtile-1.3:arts
media-video/okle-0.4:arts
media-video/vlc-0.9.10:arts
net-analyzer/knetscan-1.0-r1:arts
net-analyzer/ksniffer-0.3:arts
net-analyzer/ksniffer-0.3.1:arts
net-analyzer/ksniffer-0.3.2:arts
net-dialup/kdsl-0.5:arts
net-dialup/kmasqdialer-2.05:arts
net-dialup/komport-0.5.9:arts
net-dialup/rppppoek-0.40:arts
net-dialup/serlook-0.3.3:arts
net-dialup/trayimonc-0.8-r1:arts
net-firewall/guarddog-2.6.0-r1:arts
net-firewall/kmyfirewall-1.1.1:arts
net-misc/guidedog-1.0.0
net-misc/kovpn-0.2:arts
net-misc/kovpn-0.3_pre2:arts
net-misc/kovpn-0.3_pre6:arts
net-misc/kovpn-0.3_pre6-r1:arts
net-misc/kssh-0.7:arts
net-misc/kvpnc-0.9.0:arts
net-misc/kwebget-0.8.1:arts
net-misc/nxserver-freenx-0.7.3-r2:arts
net-misc/nxserver-freenx-0.7.3-r3:arts
net-misc/x2gokdebindings-2.0.1.3:arts
net-misc/x2gosessionadministration-2.0.1.10:arts
net-print/kink-0.2.1:arts
net-print/kink-0.2.1-r1:arts
net-wireless/kwlaninfo-0.9.4:arts
net-wireless/kwlaninfo-0.9.5:arts
net-wireless/waveselect-0.1.2:arts
sci-astronomy/celestia-1.5.1:arts
sci-astronomy/celestia-1.6.0:arts
sci-calculators/abakus-0.91:arts
sci-calculators/kconvert-1.1-r1:arts
sci-calculators/pgcalc2-2.2.10:arts
sci-calculators/pgcalc2-2.2.6:arts
sci-electronics/klogic-1.61:arts
sci-electronics/klogic-1.63:arts
sci-electronics/ktechlab-0.3.6:arts
sci-misc/kboincspy-0.9.0:arts
sci-misc/kboincspy-0.9.1:arts
sci-visualization/kpl-3.3:arts
sci-visualization/labplot-1.6.0.2:arts
sys-power/kpowersave-0.7.3-r1:arts
x11-misc/kflog-2.1.1-r2:arts
x11-misc/lineak-kdeplugins-0.9.0:arts
x11-misc/switcher-0.3.7a:arts

If you see something you use, like, maintain, I suggest on dropping the
depend ASAP. Note that if it's using kde.eclass, you'll need to set
ARTS_REQUIRED=never before the inherit line.

I'm tempted to say "otherwise it will be hardmasked with kde-base/arts
by the end of this week", but that might be too intimidating for some.
*grin*

- Samuli

Old 11-11-2009, 12:36 AM
Denis Dupeyron

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@gentoo.org> wrote:
> I'm tempted to say "otherwise it will be hardmasked with kde-base/arts
> by the end of this week", but that might be too intimidating for some.

And completely unreasonable. Some of us have a life.

Denis, wondering why the hurry.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Samuli Suominen

Denis Dupeyron wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> I'm tempted to say "otherwise it will be hardmasked with kde-base/arts
>> by the end of this week", but that might be too intimidating for some.
>
> And completely unreasonable. Some of us have a life.
>
> Denis, wondering why the hurry.

No mandatory requirement for getting involved.

cla, volkmar, and Mr_Bones_ helped around today already, the list got a
lot shorter. Thanks guys

As for the hurry, that's pretty much been the topic for quite a while
now? KDE3 removal, which arts is part of, but not many are taking into
account for. I wonder how many times it needs to be repeated, it seems
to be news everytime for someone.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:35 AM

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 12:14:41AM +0200, Samuli Suominen wrote:
> Here's _somewhat_ complete list of ebuilds that have a depend on
> kde-base/arts, excluding those that are masked for other reasons
> or ones that I plan on handling myself.

[..]
> media-video/vlc-0.9.10:arts

There is a bug with ffmpeg for ppc which is blocking vlc-1.0.2 stabilization.
Please, consider just dropping arts support from 0.9.10 instead of removing the
ebuild. The ffmpeg bug isn't simple enought to be fixed for the end of the week.

Thanks.

--
Mounir

Old 11-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Samuli Suominen

Samuli Suominen wrote:
> Here's _somewhat_ complete list of ebuilds that have a depend on
> kde-base/arts, excluding those that are masked for other reasons
> or ones that I plan on handling myself.

And the "unreasonable" goal is done.

kde-base/arts is masked, remaining unmasked ebuilds fixed, and USE arts
is temporarily masked in base/use.mask until kde-base/* is wiped out of
KDE 3.5.10.