Old 11-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Torsten Veller

Default Gentoo stats server/client @ 2009-08-22

* Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@hartwork.org>:
> What's next
> ===========

What's the status of the stats project? What's missing? What help is
needed?

I'd really like to see a system that can answer:
"How often is cpv x installed on arch y (testing/stable flavour)?"

Old 11-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Sebastian Pipping

Torsten Veller wrote:
> What's the status of the stats project? What's missing? What help is
> needed?

Hello Torsten, thanks for your interest.
Let me quote myself from a recent reply on a similar question:

for the quickest summary possible these steps are needed:
- make me have and take time for it (soon again as planned)
- fix server performance to not take 10 seconds per gentoo-submission
(my alchemy code is partly stupid, now i know)
- move batch processing upstream (depends on upstream co-op)
- get more gentoo people join coding after
(http://soc.gentooexperimental.org/projects/stats/issues)

> I'd really like to see a system that can answer:
> "How often is cpv x installed on arch y (testing/stable flavour)?"

That's possible, yes. Please elaborate more on motivation and details.

Sebastian

Old 11-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Sebastian Pipping

Just a quick note: