Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Gentoo Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-development/)
-   -   Bugzilla testers wanted - "Email send to: no one" issue (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-development/274123-bugzilla-testers-wanted-email-send-no-one-issue.html)

Christian Ruppert 11-03-2009 05:33 PM

Bugzilla testers wanted - "Email send to: no one" issue
 
Dear gentoo-dev subscriber,

as some of you might have been noticed, we're having some trouble with
Bugzilla's mail notification.
In some cases you might see something like "Email sent to: no one" [1]
where it was not supposed to happen.

We're not able to reproduce this issue so we would be glad if you guys
could help us with that.
Go and file some bugs with Product=Bugzilla and Component=Bugstest.
Also try on different nodes [2], [3] or [4].

So we need steps to reproduce it.
If you got something email[5] us or contact us via IRC (Nicks: robbat2
or idl0r).

Thanks!

[1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~darkside/tmp/bugzie-fail.jpg
[2] https://bugs.gentoo.org
[3] https://bugs-web1.gentoo.org
[4] https://bugs-web2.gentoo.org
[5] bugzilla@gentoo.org

--
Regards,
Christian Ruppert

Mike Frysinger 11-16-2009 02:09 AM

Bugzilla testers wanted - "Email send to: no one" issue
 
On Tuesday 03 November 2009 13:33:55 Christian Ruppert wrote:
> Dear gentoo-dev subscriber,
>
> as some of you might have been noticed, we're having some trouble with
> Bugzilla's mail notification.
> In some cases you might see something like "Email sent to: no one" [1]
> where it was not supposed to happen.
>
> We're not able to reproduce this issue so we would be glad if you guys
> could help us with that.
> Go and file some bugs with Product=Bugzilla and Component=Bugstest.
> Also try on different nodes [2], [3] or [4].
>
> So we need steps to reproduce it.
> If you got something email[5] us or contact us via IRC (Nicks: robbat2
> or idl0r).

funny enough, this seems to have gotten a lot worse since you posted this
heads up. i'm noticing plenty of missed initial notifications now.
-mike

Jeremy Olexa 11-24-2009 05:01 PM

Bugzilla testers wanted - "Email send to: no one" issue
 
On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 22:09:23 -0500, Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org>
wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 November 2009 13:33:55 Christian Ruppert wrote:
>> Dear gentoo-dev subscriber,
>>
>> as some of you might have been noticed, we're having some trouble with
>> Bugzilla's mail notification.
>> In some cases you might see something like "Email sent to: no one" [1]
>> where it was not supposed to happen.
>>
>> We're not able to reproduce this issue so we would be glad if you guys
>> could help us with that.
>> Go and file some bugs with Product=Bugzilla and Component=Bugstest.
>> Also try on different nodes [2], [3] or [4].
>>
>> So we need steps to reproduce it.
>> If you got something email[5] us or contact us via IRC (Nicks: robbat2
>> or idl0r).
>
> funny enough, this seems to have gotten a lot worse since you posted
this
> heads up. i'm noticing plenty of missed initial notifications now.
> -mike

I too was seeing this at a frequency that was noticeable. In the past week
(or more), there has not been any missed emails that I have seen. Did
something get changed to fix this issue? Or are we still guessing?

-Jeremy

Joshua Saddler 11-24-2009 06:01 PM

Bugzilla testers wanted - "Email send to: no one" issue
 
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 18:01:06 +0000
Jeremy Olexa <darkside@gentoo.org> wrote:
> I too was seeing this at a frequency that was noticeable. In the past week
> (or more), there has not been any missed emails that I have seen. Did
> something get changed to fix this issue? Or are we still guessing?

It does seem to be better -- I've seen at least a couple of NEW: bug messages.

Christian Ruppert 11-25-2009 02:45 PM

Bugzilla testers wanted - "Email send to: no one" issue
 
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 18:01:06 +0000
Jeremy Olexa <darkside@gentoo.org> wrote:

>
> On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 22:09:23 -0500, Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org>
> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 03 November 2009 13:33:55 Christian Ruppert wrote:
> >> Dear gentoo-dev subscriber,
> >>
> >> as some of you might have been noticed, we're having some trouble
> >> with Bugzilla's mail notification.
> >> In some cases you might see something like "Email sent to: no
> >> one" [1] where it was not supposed to happen.
> >>
> >> We're not able to reproduce this issue so we would be glad if you
> >> guys could help us with that.
> >> Go and file some bugs with Product=Bugzilla and Component=Bugstest.
> >> Also try on different nodes [2], [3] or [4].
> >>
> >> So we need steps to reproduce it.
> >> If you got something email[5] us or contact us via IRC (Nicks:
> >> robbat2 or idl0r).
> >
> > funny enough, this seems to have gotten a lot worse since you posted
> this
> > heads up. i'm noticing plenty of missed initial notifications now.
> > -mike
>
> I too was seeing this at a frequency that was noticeable. In the past
> week (or more), there has not been any missed emails that I have
> seen. Did something get changed to fix this issue? Or are we still
> guessing?
>
> -Jeremy
>

Yeah, it has been fixed, well.. hopefully. :)
So we can't ensure it really is because we still don't know how to
reproduce it but it looks good, if nobody got an "Email sent to: no
one" again.

Thanks guys, for helping us with this annoying bug.

Regards,
Christian Ruppert


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:42 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.