Old 11-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Mart Raudsepp

Default Improve policy of stabilizations

On Sun, 2009-11-01 at 17:36 +0100, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis
wrote:
> Some packages have new releases more than once a month and sometimes it's reasonable
> to not skip stabilization of any version. Given version of a package is usually no
> longer tested by users after release of a newer version, so I suggest the following
> change to the policy of stabilizations:
> Stabilization of given version of a package can be requested if this version has been
> in the tree for at least 10 days and a newer version of this package has been added
> to the tree.

I am not aware of there being a 30 day policy, and have always
considered it as a guideline, not policy. If the maintainer sees that 10
days is good for the package sometimes, I see no problem with it. Arch
teams might kindly request explanations of why the quicker
stabilization, but I don't represent any myself, but in case of quicker
stabilization of package I maintain myself I try to state in the
STABLEREQ bug why the quicker stabilization.

Is it stated in any documentation that 30 days is a policy?

--
Mart Raudsepp
Gentoo Developer