Old 03-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Caleb Cushing

Default gSoC add Multiple Repository support to sys-apps/portage

The basic idea is to be able to easily use overlays (without layman).
I believe this to be a pre-req to the "Cache Sync" idea listed on the
wiki.

each repo should be able to have a differently defined way of sync-ing
(within predefined standards), I think they should also be capable of
defining the way that Manifests are handled (I don't think git needs
more than distfile manifests, other vcs may be similar). Supported
repository types should include rsync, git, svn, hg, bzr, darcs, cvs.
each SYNC_METHOD should be isolated from the others in code so that
they can be improved/extended easily.

comments, additions welcome
--
Caleb Cushing