Old 03-22-2009, 11:38 PM
"Robin H. Johnson"

Default headless herds

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 05:55:38PM -0600, Ryan Hill wrote:
> secure-tunneling:
> net-analyzer/mping
> net-misc/corkscrew
> net-misc/ghamachi
> net-misc/hamachi
> net-misc/openssh
> net-misc/openswan
> net-misc/strongswan
> net-misc/tinc
>
> There isn't even an alias for this team. Should probably be removed
> and packages moved to maintainer-needed unless there is another
> appropriate herd they can join.
Umm, I don't know why you listed several of these packages as belonging
to secure-tunneling, because they definitely do NOT.
mping - netmon
corkscrew - sysadmin
*hamachi - maintainer-needed
openswan - has mrness as the maintainer as well
tinc - has dragonheart as the maintainer as well.

> live-cd:
> app-admin/pwgen
> app-arch/pbzip2
> app-misc/livecd-tools
> dev-python/pyparted
> dev-util/catalyst
> media-gfx/splash-themes-livecd
> sys-apps/ddcxinfo-knoppix
> sys-apps/gli
> sys-apps/hwdata-gentoo
> sys-apps/hwsetup
> sys-apps/parted
> sys-fs/squashfs-tools
> sys-libs/libkudzu
> x11-misc/mkxf86config
> x11-themes/gdm-themes-livecd
> x11-themes/gentoo-artwork-livecd
a bunch of these belong to releng, but I think some others could
probably be tree-cleaned as well, I don't think they are used on release
media anymore.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy

Old 03-23-2009, 03:01 AM
Ryan Hill

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 17:38:16 -0700
"Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 05:55:38PM -0600, Ryan Hill wrote:
> > secure-tunneling:
> > net-analyzer/mping
> > net-misc/corkscrew
> > net-misc/ghamachi
> > net-misc/hamachi
> > net-misc/openssh
> > net-misc/openswan
> > net-misc/strongswan
> > net-misc/tinc
> >
> > There isn't even an alias for this team. Should probably be removed
> > and packages moved to maintainer-needed unless there is another
> > appropriate herd they can join.
> Umm, I don't know why you listed several of these packages as
> belonging to secure-tunneling, because they definitely do NOT.

sorry, bad grep.

$ find . -name metadata.xml -print0 | xargs -0 grep 'secure-tunneling' | cut -d/ -f2,3 | sort | uniq
net-misc/openswan
net-misc/strongswan
net-misc/tinc

> openswan - has mrness as the maintainer as well
> tinc - has dragonheart as the maintainer as well.

--
gcc-porting, by design, by neglect
treecleaner, for a fact or just for effect

Old 03-23-2009, 04:55 AM
Jeroen Roovers

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 17:55:38 -0600
Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@gentoo.org> wrote: