Old 01-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Roy Marples

Default OpenRC available for testing.

Hi List

2008 is here and it's time for some change!

OpenRC is now ready for testing. There are no ebuilds in the tree, but
some are available here [1] that offers a baselayout-2 shell that pulls
in openrc-9999. I'll just offer a git ebuild for the time being, so bugs
can be fixed fast without having to bump all the time. But it should be
fairly smooth going.

As the code has been split, I cannot provide a downgrade path back to
baselayout-1, so if you do downgrade you'll have to reboot the host.
However, it should upgrade perfectly.

I'd appreciate a lot of testing, and just email this thread or me saying
that it works or there's a bug. Hopefully we can get this into portage
soonish.

Thanks

Roy