Old 03-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Mike Frysinger

Default remove charset.alias

On Wednesday 11 March 2009 09:16:29 Timothy Redaelli wrote:
> I'm creating the amd64 porting of Gentoo/FreeBSD (with multilib support).
>
> The problem is that some [1] ebuilds removes
> directly "${D}"/usr/lib/charset.alias and
> not "${D}"/usr/$(get_libdir)/charset.alias.
>
> May i fix all the packages or should I open a bug for every one?

no. considering you're on the BSD alias, i would have thought you'd be seeing
the bugs that go through them. refer to Bug 256129. so the profile needs
fixing.

as for the ebuilds, those lines should be dropped completely. ive been
dropping them in newer versions of the packages rather than going back and
deleting them all by hand ...
-mike

Old 03-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Alexis Ballier

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 14:16:29 +0100
Timothy Redaelli <drizzt@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm creating the amd64 porting of Gentoo/FreeBSD (with multilib
> support).
>
> The problem is that some [1] ebuilds removes
> directly "${D}"/usr/lib/charset.alias and
> not "${D}"/usr/$(get_libdir)/charset.alias.

What about a epunt_charset_alias function in eutils? That would for
sure factorize that code.

Alexis.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Timothy Redaelli

On Wednesday 11 March 2009 14:56:18 Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 March 2009 09:16:29 Timothy Redaelli wrote:
> > I'm creating the amd64 porting of Gentoo/FreeBSD (with multilib support).
> >
> > The problem is that some [1] ebuilds removes
> > directly "${D}"/usr/lib/charset.alias and
> > not "${D}"/usr/$(get_libdir)/charset.alias.
> >
> > May i fix all the packages or should I open a bug for every one?
>
> no. considering you're on the BSD alias, i would have thought you'd be
> seeing the bugs that go through them. refer to Bug 256129. so the profile
> needs fixing.
>
> as for the ebuilds, those lines should be dropped completely. ive been
> dropping them in newer versions of the packages rather than going back and
> deleting them all by hand ...

How can I inherit multilib in profile.bashrc?

--
Timothy `Drizzt` Redaelli
FreeSBIE Developer, Gentoo Developer, GUFI Staff

Old 03-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Alexis Ballier

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:04:52 +0100
Alexis Ballier <aballier@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 14:16:29 +0100
> Timothy Redaelli <drizzt@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I'm creating the amd64 porting of Gentoo/FreeBSD (with multilib
> > support).
> >
> > The problem is that some [1] ebuilds removes
> > directly "${D}"/usr/lib/charset.alias and
> > not "${D}"/usr/$(get_libdir)/charset.alias.
>
> What about a epunt_charset_alias function in eutils? That would for
> sure factorize that code.

Forget about this per Mike's comment; imho that's just
default/bsd/fbsd/profile.bashrc that needs fixing.

Alexis.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Wednesday 11 March 2009 10:09:36 Timothy Redaelli wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 March 2009 14:56:18 Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Wednesday 11 March 2009 09:16:29 Timothy Redaelli wrote:
> > > I'm creating the amd64 porting of Gentoo/FreeBSD (with multilib
> > > support).
> > >
> > > The problem is that some [1] ebuilds removes
> > > directly "${D}"/usr/lib/charset.alias and
> > > not "${D}"/usr/$(get_libdir)/charset.alias.
> > >
> > > May i fix all the packages or should I open a bug for every one?
> >
> > no. considering you're on the BSD alias, i would have thought you'd be
> > seeing the bugs that go through them. refer to Bug 256129. so the
> > profile needs fixing.
> >
> > as for the ebuilds, those lines should be dropped completely. ive been
> > dropping them in newer versions of the packages rather than going back
> > and deleting them all by hand ...
>
> How can I inherit multilib in profile.bashrc?

i would just change it to /usr/lib*/charset.alias
-mike

Old 03-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Timothy Redaelli

On Wednesday 11 March 2009 15:17:37 Mike Frysinger wrote:
<snip>
> > > as for the ebuilds, those lines should be dropped completely. ive been
> > > dropping them in newer versions of the packages rather than going back
> > > and deleting them all by hand ...
> >
> > How can I inherit multilib in profile.bashrc?
>
> i would just change it to /usr/lib*/charset.alias

Done, it works. Thanks

Old 03-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Wednesday 11 March 2009 10:46:20 Timothy Redaelli wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 March 2009 15:17:37 Mike Frysinger wrote:
> <snip>

> > > How can I inherit multilib in profile.bashrc?
> >
> > i would just change it to /usr/lib*/charset.alias
>
> Done, it works. Thanks

if you really still want to change ebuilds, feel free to remove those lines
from base-system packages ... i wont complain
-mike

Old 03-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Fabian Groffen

On 11-03-2009 09:56:18 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 March 2009 09:16:29 Timothy Redaelli wrote:
> > I'm creating the amd64 porting of Gentoo/FreeBSD (with multilib support).
> >
> > The problem is that some [1] ebuilds removes
> > directly "${D}"/usr/lib/charset.alias and
> > not "${D}"/usr/$(get_libdir)/charset.alias.
> >
> > May i fix all the packages or should I open a bug for every one?
>
> no. considering you're on the BSD alias, i would have thought you'd be seeing
> the bugs that go through them. refer to Bug 256129. so the profile needs
> fixing.
>
> as for the ebuilds, those lines should be dropped completely. ive been
> dropping them in newer versions of the packages rather than going back and
> deleting them all by hand ...

Aha, that explains why this recently started popping up for me and my
too many weird platforms. I guess this means all Prefix profiles should
have this rm code in place...

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Old 03-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Wednesday 11 March 2009 15:36:13 Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 11-03-2009 09:56:18 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Wednesday 11 March 2009 09:16:29 Timothy Redaelli wrote:
> > > I'm creating the amd64 porting of Gentoo/FreeBSD (with multilib
> > > support).
> > >
> > > The problem is that some [1] ebuilds removes
> > > directly "${D}"/usr/lib/charset.alias and
> > > not "${D}"/usr/$(get_libdir)/charset.alias.
> > >
> > > May i fix all the packages or should I open a bug for every one?
> >
> > no. considering you're on the BSD alias, i would have thought you'd be
> > seeing the bugs that go through them. refer to Bug 256129. so the
> > profile needs fixing.
> >
> > as for the ebuilds, those lines should be dropped completely. ive been
> > dropping them in newer versions of the packages rather than going back
> > and deleting them all by hand ...
>
> Aha, that explains why this recently started popping up for me and my
> too many weird platforms. I guess this means all Prefix profiles should
> have this rm code in place...

are bashrc scripts stackable ? if so, might be worth adding a frag for this
-mike