Old 12-31-2007, 01:34 PM
"Caleb Tennis"

Default EAPI checking in eclasses

Is it legal for an eclass to check the EAPI version (presumably by using the EAPI
variable) and perform some dependent behavior based on what it sees? I don't see
any eclasses using EAPI for anything, so I'm curious.

Old 12-31-2007, 02:06 PM
Ciaran McCreesh

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:34:05 -0500 (EST)
"Caleb Tennis" <caleb@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Is it legal for an eclass to check the EAPI version (presumably by
> using the EAPI variable) and perform some dependent behavior based on
> what it sees? I don't see any eclasses using EAPI for anything, so
> I'm curious.

Yes, so long as that dependent behaviour isn't intended to indicate an
error.

--
Ciaran McCreesh

Old 01-04-2008, 04:46 AM
Donnie Berkholz

On 09:34 Mon 31 Dec , Caleb Tennis wrote:
> Is it legal for an eclass to check the EAPI version (presumably by
> using the EAPI variable) and perform some dependent behavior based on
> what it sees? I don't see any eclasses using EAPI for anything, so
> I'm curious.

You can't treat EAPI as an integer, though, which the commit to the qt
eclass did. You might want to do a case statement instead for string
matches.

Thanks,
Donnie