Old 02-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Matti Bickel

Default prepalldocs implementation in eutils.eclass (was: prepalldocs is now banned)

Tiziano Müller <dev-zero@gentoo.org> wrote:
> The only problem I see here is that either <OLDLOCATION> or ${T}/doc
> contains subdirs. So my proposal for the next EAPI is to allow dodoc and
> newdoc to operate on dirs. Which also gives the benefit to reduce this
> idiom:
> insinto /usr/share/doc/${PF}
> doins -r examples
> to:
> dodoc examples
>

> Your comments?

Yes, please. It will simplify dozens of ebuilds and feels 'natural' to
me. Keeping with doins, etc. i would propose to make it

dodoc -r $something

And thanks for your analysis.
--
Regards, Matti Bickel
Signed/Encrypted email preferred (key 4849EC6C)