Old 12-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Doug Klima

Default Asterisk 1.4 in Portage

Howdy all,

As some people might have noticed, I've wanted to bring Asterisk 1.4 to
the tree proper. The big holdup is the zaptel ebuild, which needs to be
revamped and brought in as well for the 1.4.x series. I've already
rewritten most of it, the only issue is I don't have hardware to test
(nor do I want any). So I'd like if someone out there that used/had
zaptel hardware would pick up the ebuild. If you're interested, drop me
a line. I'll send you over a 1.4.x ebuild.

--
Doug Klima
Gentoo Developer

Old 12-29-2007, 11:37 PM
Wolfram Schlich

* Doug Klima <cardoe@gentoo.org> [2007-12-26 19:19]:
> Howdy all,

Hey Doug!

> As some people might have noticed, I've wanted to bring Asterisk 1.4 to
> the tree proper.

++ on that from me

> The big holdup is the zaptel ebuild, which needs to be
> revamped and brought in as well for the 1.4.x series. I've already
> rewritten most of it, the only issue is I don't have hardware to test
> (nor do I want any). So I'd like if someone out there that used/had
> zaptel hardware would pick up the ebuild.

I do have an asterisk server with 2 HFC (CologneChip) cards, using 1 of
them in NT mode (for connecting an ISDN phone to it) and one of them in
TE mode (for connecting it to the ISDN of the telco).
I used those with the zaphfc driver from the bristuff package.
So, I could test your asterisk+zaptel ebuilds with this setup.

> If you're interested, drop me a line. I'll send you over a 1.4.x ebuild.

What's the status of
http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/voip/browser/trunk/net-misc/asterisk/
asterisk-1.4.12.1.ebuild,
does it differ much from the latest one you'd like to commit?

What versions of zaptel, bristuff and the florz patch are you going to
commit anyway?

Thanks
Wolfram Schlich <wschlich@gentoo.org>
Gentoo Linux * http://dev.gentoo.org/~wschlich/