Old 05-31-2008, 05:04 PM
Thilo Bangert

Default packages up for grabs

> > net-misc/ntp
>
> This is rather basic, isn't it ? It keeps your clock accurate.
> Is there any alternative ?

net-misc/openntpd - by the OpenBSD folks...

http://openntpd.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenNTPD

regards
Thilo

Old 05-31-2008, 05:05 PM
Ali Polatel

Thilo Bangert yazmış:

> > > net-misc/ntp
> >
> > This is rather basic, isn't it ? It keeps your clock accurate.
> > Is there any alternative ?
>
> net-misc/openntpd - by the OpenBSD folks...
>
> http://openntpd.org/
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenNTPD

Or net-misc/clockspeed :-)

> regards
> Thilo

Ali Polatel

Old 05-31-2008, 05:31 PM
"ben tucker"

Hi Mike,

I am a good candidate for taking over maintenance of these, as my day job is a security developer for the world's largest software delivery infrastructure company for remote applications :-).

net-libs/libvncserver

net-misc/vnc

I wouldn't mind taking
app-editors/hexcurse over as well.

What is the procedure be for me to take over maintenance of these three packages?

Thanks,
Ben Tucker