Old 05-28-2008, 07:03 AM
Krzysiek Pawlik

Default Packages up for grabs

There are few packages that could use some more loving:

* app-editors/scite - easy to maintain, has only one bug open wrt French
locales & UTF-8

* media-video/griffith - also easy, pending version bump
* net-im/jabberd & net-im/jabberd2 - thanks to work from Marko Durkovic both
are easy to maintain

--
Krzysiek Pawlik <nelchael at gentoo.org> key id: 0xBC555551
desktop-misc, java, apache, ppc, vim, kernel, python...

Old 05-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Thomas Anderson

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 09:03:33AM +0200, Krzysiek Pawlik wrote:
> * net-im/jabberd & net-im/jabberd2 - thanks to work from Marko Durkovic
> both are easy to maintain
I can take jabberd(maybe jabberd2 too) by proxy, until I finish my
quizzes.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:09 AM
Mike Frysinger

many of these are low maintence ... i'd forgotten i was even listed under them
as i havent seen a bug report in a long time. some i added (well probably
too many) on a lark, so if they do end up being crappy and no one cares, i
guess that's why we have a tree cleaners group.

no herd:
app-admin/durep
app-arch/deltarpm
app-arch/gtk-splitter
app-arch/tardy
app-shells/rssh
app-text/doclifter
dev-lang/cm3-bin
dev-libs/libhash
dev-libs/libmix
dev-libs/libtomcrypt
dev-libs/libtomfloat
dev-libs/libtommath
dev-libs/libtompoly
dev-libs/tomsfastmath
dev-util/elfsh
dev-util/ghh
net-ftp/glftpd
net-ftp/ncftp
net-libs/libvncserver
net-misc/vnc
net-misc/aget
sys-boot/psoload

media-optical herd:
app-cdr/bin2iso
app-cdr/ccd2iso
app-cdr/plextor-tool
app-cdr/pxlinux

base-system herd:
app-arch/unace
app-editors/hexcurse
dev-libs/libedit
dev-util/cpuinfo-collection
net-misc/ntp
sys-apps/lcdsplash
sys-apps/netboot-base

embedded herd:
app-emulation/coldfire
dev-libs/matrixssl
net-misc/dropbear
sys-libs/uclibc

perl herd:
app-misc/gwine

sh herd:
dev-embedded/dc-tool-ip

graphics herd:
media-gfx/feh
media-gfx/wings
media-libs/amanith
media-libs/esdl
media-libs/giblib
media-libs/svgalib

video herd:
media-video/came
media-video/SDLcam

netmon herd:
net-analyzer/cryptcat
net-analyzer/ffp
net-analyzer/mping
net-analyzer/netcat6
net-libs/libnet
net-misc/netpipes
net-misc/pipes

net-dialup herd:
net-dialup/picocom

net-irc herd:
net-irc/bnc

net-mail herd:
net-mail/freepops

mobile herd:
sys-apps/i2c-tools

kernel-misc/toolchain herd:
sys-devel/sparse

m68k herd:
sys-fs/atari-fdisk

base-system/embedded herd:
sys-fs/mtd-utils

www-apps herd:
www-apps/horde-chora
www-apps/horde-gollem
www-apps/horde-groupware
www-apps/horde-imp
www-apps/horde-ingo
www-apps/horde-jeta
www-apps/horde-kronolith
www-apps/horde
www-apps/horde-mimp
www-apps/horde-mnemo
www-apps/horde-nag
www-apps/horde-passwd
www-apps/horde-pear
www-apps/horde-turba
www-apps/horde-webmail
-mike

Old 05-31-2008, 07:48 AM
Tobias Scherbaum

Mike Frysinger wrote:
> net-ftp/ncftp

i can take this one

wkr,
Tobias

Old 05-31-2008, 08:05 AM
Donnie Berkholz

On 01:09 Sat 31 May , Mike Frysinger wrote:

I'd like to advocate for interested people to pick up a few of these.

> net-misc/ntp

It would be good if someone took this, because a ton of people use it.

> net-misc/dropbear
> sys-libs/uclibc

I'd really like for someone to pick these up, since they're pretty
critical for Gentoo on embedded systems.

Thanks,
Donnie

Old 05-31-2008, 09:06 AM
Raúl Porcel

Mike Frysinger wrote:

net-misc/vnc

I already maintain that :P

Old 05-31-2008, 09:13 AM
Tiziano Müller

Donnie Berkholz wrote:

> On 01:09 Sat 31 May , Mike Frysinger wrote:
>
> I'd like to advocate for interested people to pick up a few of these.
>
>> net-misc/ntp
might be a candidate for the sysadmin-herd.

Cheers,
Tiziano

Old 05-31-2008, 02:35 PM
Philip Webb

080531 Mike Frysinger wrote:
> many of these are low maintence ...
> i'd forgotten i was even listed under them
> as i havent seen a bug report in a long time.
> some i added (well probably too many) on a lark,
> so if they do end up being crappy and no one cares,
> i guess that's why we have a tree cleaners group.
> net-misc/ntp

This is rather basic, isn't it ? It keeps your clock accurate.
Is there any alternative ?

> media-gfx/feh

This is an excellent app & seems usually bug-free.
I hope someone keeps an eye on it.

SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@chass.utoronto.ca
ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto

Old 05-31-2008, 03:33 PM
Ali Polatel

Mike Frysinger yazmış:
> no herd:
> dev-libs/libtomcrypt
> dev-libs/libtomfloat
> dev-libs/libtommath
> dev-libs/libtompoly
> dev-libs/tomsfastmath

I'll take these if noone else wants them. I use them from time to time
for my studies.

Ali Polatel

Old 05-31-2008, 04:37 PM
Jeroen Roovers