Old 01-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Stefaan

Default Packages up for grabs

> - media-libs/libdc1394
> - media-video/coriander

I'm picking up these two at least...

Stefaan

Old 01-20-2008, 05:18 PM
"Santiago M. Mola"

On Dec 25, 2007 7:19 PM, Christian Heim <phreak@gentoo.org> wrote:
> maintainer-needed@gentoo.org:
> - x11-misc/xdesktopwaves

desktop-misc takes this, if someone wants to get maintainership go ahead.

--
Santiago M. Mola
Jabber ID: cooldwind@gmail.com

Old 01-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Michael Haubenwallner

On Tue, 2007-12-25 at 18:19 +0000, Christian Heim wrote:

> As usual you are free to pick them up, if you'd like to maintain them...

> - app-admin/chrpath

Late, but I should be able to take this one..

/haubi/
--
Michael Haubenwallner
Gentoo on a different level

Old 04-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Jarod Wilson

I've got a few packages I'm the sole maintainer on, but I simply don't use the package anymore or have much interest in continuing to maintain. Anyone interested in taking the following over?

ganglia
libconfuse
rrdtool

In all fairness, Matthias Saou used to own rrdtool before I took it over, so I'd like to offer that back to him first...

Speaking of thias, he's a co-maintainer on a few of the remaining packages that came from the beryl bits, which I'd like to also step away from. Thias, if you want primary maintainership, they're yours. Others interested, speak up:

aquamarine
emerald
emerald-themes

And finally, one more package that also has a co-maintainer (jef spaleta) who I'd like to have first crack at becoming primary maintainer, but that I should really have nothing to do with anymore:

numpy

I took on numpy with the intention of trying to finally kill python-numeric, but I just don't have the time -- too busy with kernel-related fun. Still a worthwhile project someone with the time really ought take on though -- perhaps with the help of whomever is still maintaining the long-since obsoleted python-numeric package.

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson@redhat.com

Old 04-08-2008, 07:48 PM
"Jon Ciesla"

> I've got a few packages I'm the sole maintainer on, but I simply don't use
> the package anymore or have much interest in continuing to maintain.
> Anyone interested in taking the following over?
>
> ganglia
> libconfuse

I'll take libconfuse.

--
novus ordo absurdum

Old 04-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Jarod Wilson

On Tuesday 08 April 2008 15:48:53 Jon Ciesla wrote:

> > I've got a few packages I'm the sole maintainer on, but I simply don't use
> > the package anymore or have much interest in continuing to maintain.
> > Anyone interested in taking the following over?
> >
> > ganglia
> > libconfuse
>
> I'll take libconfuse.

Have at it, just orphaned it. Thanks!

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson@redhat.com

Old 04-09-2008, 01:59 AM
"Jon Ciesla"

> On Tuesday 08 April 2008 15:48:53 Jon Ciesla wrote:
>>
>> > I've got a few packages I'm the sole maintainer on, but I simply don't
>> use
>> > the package anymore or have much interest in continuing to maintain.
>> > Anyone interested in taking the following over?
>> >
>> > ganglia
>> > libconfuse
>>
>> I'll take libconfuse.
>
> Have at it, just orphaned it. Thanks!

Done. Thanks!

--
novus ordo absurdum

Old 04-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Chris Ricker

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Matthias Saou wrote:

> Jarod Wilson wrote :
>
> > I've got a few packages I'm the sole maintainer on, but I simply don't
> > use the package anymore or have much interest in continuing to
> > maintain. Anyone interested in taking the following over?
> >
> > rrdtool
> >
> > In all fairness, Matthias Saou used to own rrdtool before I took it
> > over, so I'd like to offer that back to him first...
>
> As much as I'd like to help, I've been swamped with work for the past
> months, so it would really be best if someone else picked them up.

In that case, I'll take rrdtool

later,
chris

Old 04-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Jarod Wilson

On Wednesday 09 April 2008 08:44:56 am Chris Ricker wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Matthias Saou wrote:
> > Jarod Wilson wrote :
> > > I've got a few packages I'm the sole maintainer on, but I simply don't
> > > use the package anymore or have much interest in continuing to
> > > maintain. Anyone interested in taking the following over?
> > >
> > > rrdtool
> > >
> > > In all fairness, Matthias Saou used to own rrdtool before I took it
> > > over, so I'd like to offer that back to him first...
> >
> > As much as I'd like to help, I've been swamped with work for the past
> > months, so it would really be best if someone else picked them up.

No problem, Matthias, I can definitely understand that.

> In that case, I'll take rrdtool

Oh yeah, my apologies Chris, I'd forgot you were doing some work on it too
back then. Okay, orphaned, have at it!

For the time being, I've left myself on as a co-maintainer on f8 and devel,
since rrdtool 1.3 is still beta and I'm the dummy that didn't roll back for
f8 release, and I don't want to just dump all that mess on ya...

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson@redhat.com

Old 05-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Jarod Wilson

On Tuesday 08 April 2008 03:34:45 pm Jarod Wilson wrote:
> I've got a few packages I'm the sole maintainer on, but I simply don't use
> the package anymore or have much interest in continuing to maintain. Anyone
> interested in taking the following over?
[...]
> aquamarine
> emerald
> emerald-themes

Damn, nobody spoke up for these... So... Shall I just orphan them, since
clearly, only 3 people care about them[*], or shall I suck it up and keep
maintaining them?
[*] I just got a bug today about the fact emerald doesn't work in F9, needed
to be rebuilt, oh, 2 months ago.

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson@redhat.com