Old 03-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Greg KH

Default Packages up for grabs

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 09:54:26PM +0100, Christoph Mende wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently lacking time for some packages, so I'm looking for
> someone to take over a few, most notably:
>
> - net-misc/curl
> - net-dns/c-ares (preferably both together)

I can take curl, but I don't know what c-ares is, does it depend on curl
somehow?

greg k-h

Old 03-24-2012, 02:44 PM
"Anthony G. Basile"

On 03/24/2012 11:27 AM, Greg KH wrote:

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 09:54:26PM +0100, Christoph Mende wrote:

Hi,

I'm currently lacking time for some packages, so I'm looking for
someone to take over a few, most notably:

- net-misc/curl
- net-dns/c-ares (preferably both together)

I can take curl, but I don't know what c-ares is, does it depend on curl
somehow?

greg k-h

I already added myself as maintainer, but feel free to co-maintain.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]

Old 03-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Greg KH

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 11:44:16AM -0400, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
> On 03/24/2012 11:27 AM, Greg KH wrote:
> >On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 09:54:26PM +0100, Christoph Mende wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I'm currently lacking time for some packages, so I'm looking for
> >>someone to take over a few, most notably:
> >>
> >>- net-misc/curl
> >>- net-dns/c-ares (preferably both together)
> >I can take curl, but I don't know what c-ares is, does it depend on curl
> >somehow?
> >
> >greg k-h
> >
> I already added myself as maintainer, but feel free to co-maintain.

Ok, now done, sounds good.

greg k-h

Old 03-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Alec Warner

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Greg KH <gregkh@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 09:54:26PM +0100, Christoph Mende wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm currently lacking time for some packages, so I'm looking for
>> someone to take over a few, most notably:
>>
>> - net-misc/curl
>> - net-dns/c-ares (preferably both together)
>
> I can take curl, but I don't know what c-ares is, does it depend on curl
> somehow?

c-ares is an asynchronous dns resolver library. If you are going to do
a boatload of dns lookups, ares is the tool to use.

-A

Old 09-12-2012, 09:16 AM
"Andreas K. Huettel"

Dear all,

since I dont have the time anymore, I've re-assigned the following packages to
maintainer-needed. Please go get them if interested.

app-admin/collectd (*)
app-arch/arj
app-editors/dhex
dev-libs/libcaldav
dev-libs/libofx
dev-util/nvidia-cuda-npp
kde-misc/kcollectd
media-gfx/argyllcms
media-gfx/brlcad (*)
media-video/bombono-dvd
net-firewall/fwbuilder
net-libs/liboping
net-wireless/libertas-firmware
sci-misc/gcam

(*) Collectd and BRLcad have users as proxy maintainers.

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas K. Huettel