Old 06-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Dane Smith

Default Packages up for grabs

On 06/12/11 18:46, Anthoine Bourgeois wrote:
> 2011/6/12 Michal Januszewski <spock@gentoo.org>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a number of packages in which I have lost interest and which I
>> no longer want to maintain:
>>
>> app-admin/hddtemp
>> app-misc/linux-logo
>> dev-util/oprofile
>> net-libs/libtlen
>> sci-mathematics/gimps
>> sci-mathematics/xmds
>> sci-misc/vitables
>> sys-apps/fakechroot
>> sys-apps/fakeroot-ng
>> sys-apps/memtest86+
>> www-client/elinks
>> x11-misc/xfractint
>>
>> All the packages require relatively low maintenance and currently have
>> no open bugs (with the exception on memtest86+ and bug #339691).
>>
>> I will reassign them to maintainer-needed in about a week. If you
>> want to take them, please just add yourself to metadata.xml directly.
>
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to help on some packages above.
> I use fakeroot and fakechroot daily and memtest are very
> useful to me.
> I'm not a gentoo developer but I play with ebuild on my overlay since
> few month : http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=user/aluco.git;a=summary
> I think my main contribution in my overlay is the phoronix-test-suite.
> I'd like to go forward and I wish to help the sunrise projet (if those
> packages fall on the overlay). I'd like to make sure if my ebuilds follow
> gentoo's standards and collaborate closer to the developers.
> I'm not sure I'm aware of all gentoo's procedures, do you think
> all of this will be faisable and am I on the right way?
>
> Thanks,
> Anthoine
>

>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Michal Januszewski
>> http://people.gentoo.org/spock

Hello Anthoine,
Please take a look at [1]. I would be more than glad to help you "adopt"
those. Contact me off list and we can work out the details.

[1]http://dev.c1pher.net/index.php/2011/03/c1phers-adopt-a-package-program/

Regards,

- --
Dane Smith (c1pher)
Gentoo Linux Developer -- QA / Crypto / Sunrise / x86
RSA Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x0C2E1531&op=index

Old 06-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Dane Smith

Old 06-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Amadeusz Żołnowski

Excerpts from Michal Januszewski's message of Sun Jun 12 15:21:25 +0200
2011:
> I have a number of packages in which I have lost interest and which I
> no longer want to maintain:
>
> app-admin/hddtemp

I'd take this one. I still have some hard disks, unfortunately. ;-)

--
Amadeusz Żołnowski

PGP key fpr: C700 CEDE 0C18 212E 49DA 4653 F013 4531 E1DB FAB5

Old 06-20-2011, 06:46 PM
"Andreas K. Huettel"

Hi Anthoine & gang,

I'm kind of interested in fakeroot and fakechroot, so I can proxy you. Talk to me on IRC sometime... (but I'll be away 26/6 - 24/7).

Cheers, Andreas

Am Montag 13 Juni 2011, 00:46:31 schrieb Anthoine Bourgeois:
> 2011/6/12 Michal Januszewski <spock@gentoo.org>
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a number of packages in which I have lost interest and which I
> > no longer want to maintain:

(...)
> > sys-apps/fakechroot
> > sys-apps/fakeroot-ng
(...)
> > I will reassign them to maintainer-needed in about a week. If you
> > want to take them, please just add yourself to metadata.xml directly.
>
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to help on some packages above.
> I use fakeroot and fakechroot daily and memtest are very
> useful to me.
> I'm not a gentoo developer but I play with ebuild on my overlay since
> few month : http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=user/aluco.git;a=summary
> I think my main contribution in my overlay is the phoronix-test-suite.
> I'd like to go forward and I wish to help the sunrise projet (if those
> packages fall on the overlay). I'd like to make sure if my ebuilds follow
> gentoo's standards and collaborate closer to the developers.
> I'm not sure I'm aware of all gentoo's procedures, do you think
> all of this will be faisable and am I on the right way?
>
> Thanks,
> Anthoine
>

> > Thanks,
> > --
> > Michal Januszewski
> > http://people.gentoo.org/spock

--
Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer - kde, sci, arm, tex
dilfridge@gentoo.org
http://www.akhuettel.de/

Old 07-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Pacho Ramos

Due Romain retirement, the following packages need a new maintainer now:
x11-libs/gtkdatabox
gnome-extra/gget

Feel free to take them
Thanks

Old 07-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Pacho Ramos

Due pythonhead retirement the following packages need a new maintainer:
app-portage/meatoo
dev-libs/ltxml

Thanks for taking them

Old 09-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Pacho Ramos

As talked with Boris Fersing, he is no longer interested in
maintaining dev-lang/lisaac

Feel free to get it if you want.

Thanks

Old 11-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Tomáš Chvátal

Hello guys,

As my only Gentoo installation is libreoffice test virtual I am not
able to really care about these.

So these packages are up for grabs if anyone finds them interesting:

app-misc/dsgui
app-misc/klavaro
dev-cpp/yaml-cpp
dev-libs/softhsm
dev-ruby/dnsruby
net-dns/opendnssec
net-libs/dslib
net-libs/libisds
net-misc/shigofumi
sys-devel/autoconf-archive

Have fun

Tom

Old 11-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Marc Schiffbauer

* Tomáš Chvátal schrieb am 11.11.11 um 12:38 Uhr:
> Hello guys,
>
> As my only Gentoo installation is libreoffice test virtual I am not
> able to really care about these.
>
> So these packages are up for grabs if anyone finds them interesting:

I will take this one:

> net-dns/opendnssec

-Marc
--
8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317 3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134

Old 11-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Marc Schiffbauer

* Tomáš Chvátal schrieb am 11.11.11 um 12:38 Uhr:
> Hello guys,
>
> As my only Gentoo installation is libreoffice test virtual I am not
> able to really care about these.
>
> So these packages are up for grabs if anyone finds them interesting:

and those two as well as opendnssec depends on them

> dev-libs/softhsm
> dev-ruby/dnsruby

-Marc
--
8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317 3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134