Old 12-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Default Echo set of camera-photo icons draft

I have took the time to design a set of camera-photo icons for Echo.
They are based on the more recent model of digital camera (Nikon in this
case). I chose that particular model because of simplicity. It may look
a bit darker than expected but anyone is welcome to bring suggestion and
modification.

Luya

http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/devices/camera-photo16b.png
http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/devices/camera-photo16b.svg
http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/devices/camera-photo22b.png
http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/devices/camera-photo22b.svg
http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/devices/camera-photo24b.png
http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/devices/camera-photo24b.svg
http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/devices/camera-photo32b.png
http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/devices/camera-photo32b.svg
http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/devices/camera-photo48b.png
http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/devices/camera-photo48b.svg

Old 12-22-2007, 09:57 AM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

It's undreadable at small sizes.

Dnia 22-12-2007, sob o godzinie 01:00 -0800, Luya Tshimbalanga pisze:
> I have took the time to design a set of camera-photo icons for Echo.
> They are based on the more recent model of digital camera (Nikon in this
> case). I chose that particular model because of simplicity. It may look
> a bit darker than expected but anyone is welcome to bring suggestion and
> modification.
>
> Luya

> http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/devices/camera-photo16b.png
> http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/devices/camera-photo16b.svg
> http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/devices/camera-photo22b.png
> http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/devices/camera-photo22b.svg
> http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/devices/camera-photo24b.png
> http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/devices/camera-photo24b.svg
> http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/devices/camera-photo32b.png
> http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/devices/camera-photo32b.svg
> http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/devices/camera-photo48b.png
> http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/echo/devices/camera-photo48b.svg
__ _ ___
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek / _|___ __| |___ _ _ __ _ ( _ )
Fedora Project | _/ -_) _` / _ '_/ _` | / _
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/ |_| \___\__,_\___/_| \__,_| \___/

Old 12-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek a écrit :
> It's undreadable at small sizes.

Here is the modified small size.

Luya

Old 12-22-2007, 05:00 PM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

It's better, but in size we can't get more readable .

Dnia 22-12-2007, sob o godzinie 07:41 -0800, Luya Tshimbalanga pisze:
> Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek a écrit :
> > It's undreadable at small sizes.
> >

> Here is the modified small size.
>
> Luya
__ _ ___
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek / _|___ __| |___ _ _ __ _ ( _ )
Fedora Project | _/ -_) _` / _ '_/ _` | / _
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/ |_| \___\__,_\___/_| \__,_| \___/

Old 12-23-2007, 06:59 AM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek a écrit :
> It's better, but in size we can't get more readable .
Removed the trace of gradient around border for extra small size.
The look should be clearer.

Luya

Old 12-23-2007, 07:03 AM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

Luya, you did it !

Old 12-23-2007, 08:23 AM
Martin Sourada

On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 09:03 +0100, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> Luya, you did it !
>
> 2007/12/23, Luya Tshimbalanga <luya_tfz@thefinalzone.com>:
> Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek a écrit :
> > It's better, but in size we can't get more readable .
> Removed the trace of gradient around border for extra small
> size.
> The look should be clearer.
>

> Luya

And what about this one? I just aligned it to pixel grid so the borders
look sharper.

Martin

Old 12-23-2007, 08:33 AM
Martin Sourada

On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 08:59 +0100, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek a écrit :
> > It's better, but in size we can't get more readable .
> Removed the trace of gradient around border for extra small size.
> The look should be clearer.
>

> Luya

Hi,

I think this one looks more like full featured camera (meaning reflex
camera [1]) - not just some plain compact, what about making it in the
bigger sizes similar - i.e. with some good objective. Compact cameras do
not look IMHO that good and have harder-to-recognise shape (as they look
much like credit cards).

I don't mean to do exactly the same like in the referenced image[1], but
some simplified Echoey version with overall look similar to that of the
16x16 picture would be nice, don't you think?

Martin

Old 12-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Martin Sourada a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I think this one looks more like full featured camera (meaning reflex
> camera [1]) - not just some plain compact, what about making it in the
> bigger sizes similar - i.e. with some good objective. Compact cameras do
> not look IMHO that good and have harder-to-recognise shape (as they look
> much like credit cards).
>
> I don't mean to do exactly the same like in the referenced image[1], but
> some simplified Echoey version with overall look similar to that of the
> 16x16 picture would be nice, don't you think?
>
> Martin

That was my early ill attempt. x_x
Maybe that shape[2] will do and I will try that later.

Reference:
[2]http://www.londondrugs.com/msib20/ProductImages/2715803_large.jpg

Old 12-23-2007, 09:42 AM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

Not bad.

PS: In the name of cooperation I'll be not saying anything about perspective, color palette, etc.