Old 12-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Petteri Räty

Default The return of the old fart: Mark Loeser (halcy0n)

I have an early Christmas present for all of you. Mark "halcy0n" Loeser
is returning to waste all his time on Gentoo development. Perhaps now we
will actually have someone to maintain devmanual. For those of you who
don't know him, Mark lives in Freehold, NJ, USA. He loves to destroy the
environment with American muscle cards when not programming in one of
the multiple languages he lists in his repertoire. He doesn't have a
family yet but perhaps that's why he's into photographing.

Hold your nose when he comes back,
Petteri

Old 12-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Wernfried Haas

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 06:00:19PM +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
> I have an early Christmas present for all of you.

Does that mean we have to unpack him? :-]

Great to hear you're back, Mark!

cheers,
Wernfried

--
Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne (at) gentoo.org
Gentoo Forums - http://forums.gentoo.org

Old 12-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Thilo Bangert

hip hip hurray for the old fart(s)

Old 12-14-2007, 07:44 PM
"William L. Thomson Jr."

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 18:00 +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:

> He doesn't have a
> family yet but perhaps that's why he's into photographing.

What's that implying he is some photo perv or something. Taking pictures
of others families? Taking photo's makes up for a lack of having a
family? Last time I hugged a photo, it did not hug back Or is it
photoshopping yourself into others family portraits

Pretty original statement there, followed by some welcome back pun

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Gentoo/Java

Old 12-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Vlastimil Babka

William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 18:00 +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
>> He doesn't have a
>> family yet but perhaps that's why he's into photographing.
>
> What's that implying he is some photo perv or something. Taking pictures
> of others families? Taking photo's makes up for a lack of having a

Actually, he's taking pictures of cats:
http://pbfcomics.com/archive_b/PBF215-Kitty_Photographer.jpg

Anyway, welcome back and on and on!

Vlastimil

Old 12-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Jeroen Roovers

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 18:00:19 +0200
Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@gentoo.org> wrote:

> I have an early Christmas present for all of you. Mark "halcy0n"
> Loeser is returning [...]

Hurrah!

Old 12-15-2007, 12:13 AM
Ryan Hill

Petteri Räty wrote:
> I have an early Christmas present for all of you. Mark "halcy0n" Loeser
> is returning to waste all his time on Gentoo development. Perhaps now we
> will actually have someone to maintain devmanual. For those of you who
> don't know him, Mark lives in Freehold, NJ, USA. He loves to destroy the
> environment with American muscle cards when not programming in one of
> the multiple languages he lists in his repertoire. He doesn't have a
> family yet but perhaps that's why he's into photographing.

Mark who?

Glad you're back! We did make him sign the 4 year contract this
time, right?

--
looks like christmas at fifty-five degrees
this latitude weakens my knees

Old 12-15-2007, 03:07 AM
Samuli Suominen

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 18:00:19 +0200
Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@gentoo.org> wrote:

> I have an early Christmas present for all of you. Mark "halcy0n"
> Loeser is returning to waste all his time on Gentoo development.
> Perhaps now we will actually have someone to maintain devmanual. For
> those of you who don't know him, Mark lives in Freehold, NJ, USA. He
> loves to destroy the environment with American muscle cards when not
> programming in one of the multiple languages he lists in his
> repertoire. He doesn't have a family yet but perhaps that's why he's
> into photographing.
>
> Hold your nose when he comes back,
> Petteri

Nice! Welcome back halcy0n!