Old 12-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Samuli Suominen

Default Few packages for grabs.

Today I grepped tree for my nick at metadata.xml's and to be honest, I
don't want or have time to maintain these,

app-misc/banner, duh? why am I here?

app-misc/emelfm2, version bump bug open but isn't keyworded and
doesn't work on ~amd64 but was fine on ~x86.

games-arcade/stepmania, insane set of patches to keep it working,
and upstream is yet to be contacted with them,
but no bugs (games is a herd here, is it OK for me to remove myself
from metadata?)

gnome-extra/gnome-vfs-obexftp, gnome or bluetooth maintainers may
want to take this (it's from gnome ftp, file transfers with nautilus
etc.), no bugs

media-gfx/fontypython, dirtyepic just opened a bug for me.. wxgtk
problems, why did I add this even if first place?!

media-gfx/gnome-specimen, no bugs, nice font viewer for gnome (and why
not others) (gnome may want this)

media-gfx/xzgv, no bugs, gtk+-2 resurrection of good 'ol xzgv.

dev-util/geany, no bugs, nice editor/IDE using only gtk+-2 without
gnome deps etc.

If noone takes them, or there is no herd I will, of course, continue on
maintaining them.

Thanks, drac

Old 12-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Ryan Hill

Samuli Suominen wrote:

> media-gfx/fontypython, dirtyepic just opened a bug for me.. wxgtk
> problems, why did I add this even if first place?!
>
> media-gfx/gnome-specimen, no bugs, nice font viewer for gnome (and why
> not others) (gnome may want this)

You can stick these with fonts (me ;P). I'll see what I can do with
fontypython. If gnome wants gnome-specimen then cool. I don't run
gnome much.

--
looks like christmas at fifty-five degrees
this latitude weakens my knees