Old 12-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Donnie Berkholz

Default X drivers up for grabs

Hi all,

Now that X is modular, we have the opportunity to do something really
cool -- let people who actually own the hardware maintain the drivers!
Almost all of the open-source drivers are currently maintained by
x11@gentoo.org (currently just me).

I need to lower my maintenance burden a bit, and it makes sense to do
this by handing off things I don't have hardware for anyway. I only use
these drivers:

input: keyboard, mouse
video: ati, mga

Reasonably popular drivers that need a maintainer:

evdev input driver
vmmouse input driver (For X inside VMWare)
fbdev
i810 (a.k.a. Intel)
newport (MIPS people, take note)
nv (Nvidia)
savage
sis
tdfx
via
vmware (For X inside VMWare)
voodoo

Also, all the other drivers with the exception of keyboard/mouse and
ati/mga.

Who wants 'em?

Thanks,
Donnie

Old 12-04-2007, 05:20 AM
Piotr Jaroszyński

On Tuesday 04 of December 2007 02:29:20 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> evdev input driver
I can take it unless someone else wants it more

--
Best Regards,
Piotr Jaroszyński

Old 12-04-2007, 05:31 AM
Rmi Cardona

Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> i810 (a.k.a. Intel)

I can help with this one.

Rmi

Old 12-04-2007, 12:29 PM
Thomas Anderson

On Monday 03 December 2007 20:29:20 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> via

While I can't maintain this(no gentoo-x86/ access) I can test it if no one is
able to.
--
2.6.23-gentoo-r3

Old 12-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Donnie Berkholz

On 07:20 Tue 04 Dec , Piotr Jaroszyński wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 of December 2007 02:29:20 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> > evdev input driver
> I can take it unless someone else wants it more

It's yours. I'll start reassigning bugs over the next couple of days.

Thanks,
Donnie

Old 12-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Donnie Berkholz

Old 12-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Doug Klima

Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> On 07:20 Tue 04 Dec , Piotr Jaroszyński wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 04 of December 2007 02:29:20 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
>>
>>> evdev input driver
>>>
>> I can take it unless someone else wants it more
>>

> It's yours. I'll start reassigning bugs over the next couple of days.
>
> Thanks,
> Donnie

(Nelson impression...) haha, peper!

Start checkin out Ubuntu... compnerd says they apply 120 patches to this
driver..

Also, start fixing the issues it has with HAL 0.5.10 since that's going
to hit the tree for real shortly. If you need a version to test against,
try Gentopia's overlay.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Piotr Jaroszyński

> (Nelson impression...) haha, peper!
>
> Start checkin out Ubuntu... compnerd says they apply 120 patches to this
> driver..
>
> Also, start fixing the issues it has with HAL 0.5.10 since that's going
> to hit the tree for real shortly. If you need a version to test against,
> try Gentopia's overlay.

mmm fun. I will look into all that during the weekend and at least I know who
to harass

--
Best Regards,
Piotr Jaroszyński

Old 12-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Doug Klima

Piotr Jaroszyński wrote:
>> (Nelson impression...) haha, peper!
>>
>> Start checkin out Ubuntu... compnerd says they apply 120 patches to this
>> driver..
>>
>> Also, start fixing the issues it has with HAL 0.5.10 since that's going
>> to hit the tree for real shortly. If you need a version to test against,
>> try Gentopia's overlay.
>>

> mmm fun. I will look into all that during the weekend and at least I know who
> to harass

Actually, I am no longer involved with HAL and am currently in the
process of removing all traces of it off my system.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Tiziano Mller

Donnie Berkholz wrote:

> vmmouse input driver (For X inside VMWare)
> vmware (For X inside VMWare)
I can take those two if nobody else wants them.

--
Tiziano Mller
Gentoo Linux Developer