Old 06-27-2008, 06:25 PM
"Robin H. Johnson"

Default gentoo-dev fortune submissions

Have some good Gentoo laughs?

This is a reminder that I collect input for the Gentoo-dev fortunes
database. If you have some to submit, please email them to me,
robbat2@gentoo.org, with some combination of 'fortune' and 'gentoo-dev'
in the subject line. Should be formatted per the existing entries, and
it may help to include to clarification as to where and when the quote
came from as an attribution.

While the fortune db is called 'gentoo-dev', I will take quotes from any
Gentoo IRC channel.

I'd like to spin a new release later this afternoon since I've got a
dozen pending submissions, so bring it on folks.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy

Old 06-28-2008, 10:20 AM
"Chrissy Fullam"

Whats this for? It sounds interest.

Kind regards,
Christina Fullam
Gentoo Developer Relations Lead | Gentoo Public Relations

Old 06-28-2008, 10:33 AM
"Nirbheek Chauhan"

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Chrissy Fullam <musikc@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Whats this for? It sounds interest.

Here's the output of `fortune gentoo-dev -m robbat2`:

http://pastebin.osuosl.org/8802

Definitely of interest The last fortune-mod-gentoo-dev set was
Saturday 28 July 2007 -- a new set is long overdue. Hooray for
robbat2!~

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan

Old 06-28-2008, 10:39 AM
"Chrissy Fullam"

> On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Chrissy Fullam <musikc@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > Whats this for? It sounds interest.
>
> Here's the output of `fortune gentoo-dev -m robbat2`:
>
> http://pastebin.osuosl.org/8802
>
> Definitely of interest The last fortune-mod-gentoo-dev set was
> Saturday 28 July 2007 -- a new set is long overdue. Hooray for
> robbat2!~

Hahaha... I've not used that but am interested now!

Kind regards,
Christina Fullam

Old 07-06-2008, 12:54 PM
"Nirbheek Chauhan"

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:55 PM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@gentoo.org> wrote:
[snip encouraging text]
> I'd like to spin a new release later this afternoon since I've got a
> dozen pending submissions, so bring it on folks.

/me pokes gently

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan