FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-20-2008, 05:00 AM
Samuli Suominen
 
Default What to do when Python 2.5 is blocking your package from entering stable? (Agenda for next council meeting?)

I don't know about you, but when a package can't be stabled because
it's depending on Python 2.5 and current stable is broken I'd like
to start reverting stable keywords back to ~arch as noone wants to
maintain broken junk. Latest being app-cdr/gtkcdlabel, and
media-video/gaupol. Perhaps it should be a council agenda?

Not much different from "slacking arches", it's simple, lack of
active devs. What I would prefer, of course, is a list from one of
python members to get it into stable but have no expetations, since
I've asked it many times past 1-2 years.
--
gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 06-20-2008, 06:03 AM
Rob Cakebread
 
Default What to do when Python 2.5 is blocking your package from entering stable? (Agenda for next council meeting?)

Samuli Suominen wrote:

I don't know about you, but when a package can't be stabled because
it's depending on Python 2.5 and current stable is broken I'd like
to start reverting stable keywords back to ~arch as noone wants to
maintain broken junk. Latest being app-cdr/gtkcdlabel, and
media-video/gaupol. Perhaps it should be a council agenda?

Not much different from "slacking arches", it's simple, lack of
active devs. What I would prefer, of course, is a list from one of
python members to get it into stable but have no expetations, since
I've asked it many times past 1-2 years.


Unless there are any objections from the rest of the Python project,
I'll try to get this done within the next 24 hours.

--
gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 06-20-2008, 07:34 AM
Tiziano Mller
 
Default What to do when Python 2.5 is blocking your package from entering stable? (Agenda for next council meeting?)

Rob Cakebread wrote:

> Samuli Suominen wrote:
>> I don't know about you, but when a package can't be stabled because
>> it's depending on Python 2.5 and current stable is broken I'd like
>> to start reverting stable keywords back to ~arch as noone wants to
>> maintain broken junk. Latest being app-cdr/gtkcdlabel, and
>> media-video/gaupol. Perhaps it should be a council agenda?
>>
>> Not much different from "slacking arches", it's simple, lack of
>> active devs. What I would prefer, of course, is a list from one of
>> python members to get it into stable but have no expetations, since
>> I've asked it many times past 1-2 years.
>
> Unless there are any objections from the rest of the Python project,
> I'll try to get this done within the next 24 hours.

I think it's good to go.


--
gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 06-20-2008, 10:01 AM
"Santiago M. Mola"
 
Default What to do when Python 2.5 is blocking your package from entering stable? (Agenda for next council meeting?)

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 9:34 AM, Tiziano Müller <dev-zero@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Rob Cakebread wrote:
>
>> Samuli Suominen wrote:
>>> I don't know about you, but when a package can't be stabled because
>>> it's depending on Python 2.5 and current stable is broken I'd like
>>> to start reverting stable keywords back to ~arch as noone wants to
>>> maintain broken junk. Latest being app-cdr/gtkcdlabel, and
>>> media-video/gaupol. Perhaps it should be a council agenda?
>>>
>>> Not much different from "slacking arches", it's simple, lack of
>>> active devs. What I would prefer, of course, is a list from one of
>>> python members to get it into stable but have no expetations, since
>>> I've asked it many times past 1-2 years.
>>
>> Unless there are any objections from the rest of the Python project,
>> I'll try to get this done within the next 24 hours.
>
> I think it's good to go.
>

There are a few things which need some kind of action before/during
python 2.5 stabilization:

Needs stabilization:
* dev-python/python-bibtext-1.2.3
* dev-python/pyvorbis-1.4-r3 (a bit buggy, debian has patches for 1.3,
some of them can be ported)
* tinyerp? http://qa.mandriva.com/show_bug.cgi?id=31554
* dev-libs/xapian-1.0.6
* dev-libs/xapian-bindings-1.0.6
* dev-python/pygame-1.8.0 (buggy, I have patches from trunk, we might
want to wait to 1.8.1)
* dev-python/soappy-0.12.0 (bug #216385)

Needs fix:
* x11-misc/qterm (bug #216466)
* dev-db/rekall (bug #141068) - needs bump, probably this is going to
be p.masked and eventually removed from the tree

Regards,
--
Santiago M. Mola
Jabber ID: cooldwind@gmail.com
���^�X�������&j)b� b�
 
Old 06-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Christian Faulhammer
 
Default What to do when Python 2.5 is blocking your package from entering stable? (Agenda for next council meeting?)

Hi,

"Santiago M. Mola" <coldwind@gentoo.org>:
> There are a few things which need some kind of action before/during
> python 2.5 stabilization:

We have bug 178800, too. Either mark individual stabilisation bugs
blocking it or add them to 178800 when ccing arches.
And I don't think one or two packages should hold up that Python 2.5

V-Li

--
Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
<URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode

<URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:27 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org