Old 06-19-2008, 01:09 AM
"Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto"

Default Gentoo Council nominations are now closed

Old 11-29-2008, 01:18 AM
"Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto"

Old 11-29-2008, 11:02 AM
"Mauricio Lima Pilla"

What are the nominees intending to do if they are elected? I miss the manifests.

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 12:18 AM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto <jmbsvicetto@gentoo.org> wrote:

Hello fellow devs, users and Gentoo community.

The nominations for the empty seat in the 2008 Gentoo Council were

closed at 23:59:59 UTC November 28th, 2008. The voting for the empty

seat will begin in a few minutes and will end at 23:59:59 UTC December 5th.

There were 11 nominees to the empty seat in the council, of which 5 will

run on this election. All details about the nominations can be checked

at http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/elections/council-200811-nominees.xml

The nominees who have accepted their nominations for this election are:

- - dev-zero

- - jer

- - leio

- - ssuominen

- - ulm

If you're an eligible voter, to cast your vote for this election you

need to login to dev.gentoo.org and run the following commands, in the

order specified.

* ** votify --new council2008b - This creates a new ballot in your homedir.

* ** Edit the .ballot-council2008b file and rank the candidates.

* ** Once you're sure, run votify --verify council2008b to check the

validity of the ballot.

* ** If that goes through fine, the next and final step is to submit

your vote using votify --submit council2008b

* ** In case you're stuck, detailed help can be accessed by using

votify --help or feel free to drop by #gentoo-elections on IRC. If you

think you are eligible to vote, but cannot, please contact one of the

officials.

* ** Grab a beer, have fun, sit back and enjoy the show ... till we

announce the results

An important point in this election is the new *_reopen_nominations*

candidate. If this candidate ranks over all other candidates, the

election will be reopened. Any candidate that ranks below this candidate

won't be taken into account if there's a need to replace any member of

the council until the end of term.

For the election officials

Gentoo- forums / Userrel / SPARC / KDE

--
Mauricio Lima Pilla -- UFPEL

pilla@ufpel.edu.br, mauricio.pilla@gmail.com, pilla@gentoo.org

http://minerva.ufpel.edu.br/~pilla

"I'm just very selective about the reality I choose to accept."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-- Calvin

Old 11-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Richard Freeman

Mauricio Lima Pilla wrote:
What are the nominees intending to do if they are elected? I miss the
manifests.

Agreed - I don't think that getting this done in one week should take
precedence over getting it done "right". I don't intend to rank anybody
above _reopen_nominations unless they've posted one - I would recommend
that others do the same.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Samuli Suominen

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 10:02:53 -0200
"Mauricio Lima Pilla" <pilla@gentoo.org> wrote:

> What are the nominees intending to do if they are elected? I miss the
> manifests.

Qualify me based on my commits as drac and ssuominen. I don't plan to
write one. It's all about commits. All. About. Commits.

And did I mention common sense yet?

Thanks, Samuli Suominen, ssuominen at gentoo.org

Old 11-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Ulrich Mueller

> What are the nominees intending to do if they are elected? I miss
> the manifests.

I think that you will be able to judge for yourself, without an
election campaign from my side. Quality and quantity of my
contributions might be a criterion.

Ulrich