Old 06-16-2008, 08:56 AM
Luca Barbato

Default Standard eclass interface for vcs

Something I'd like to have to ease the live template implementation
would be a standardized eclass interface for every vcs, right now every
eclass does more or less the same things BUT with slight differences and
obviously with different names.

Now, I'd like to know which interface you'd consider good.

The live ebuild needs a way to preserve a reference
(revision/hash/timestamp), right now some eclasses have variables to
store the revision to be fetched from which branch that defaults to the
main branch and the tip of it if unset. Leaving those unset in the
template and saving those post install in the vdb should suffice.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member