Old 06-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Donnie Berkholz

Default One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June

On 19:03 Thu 12 Jun , Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:14:21 -0400
> Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > People actually working on the PMS would be better-placed to
> > > discuss its current status, if by that you mean progress toward an
> > > approved spec. The last I heard was a couple months ago when Ciaran
> > > asked us whether there were any further major issues and removed
> > > kdebuild-1 from the PDF to be approved.
> >
> > he was told to remove kdebuild-1 from the repo and this has yet to
> > happen
>
> No, I was told to remove kdebuild-1 from the version sent to the
> Council for approval. Doing so is just a case of toggling a switch in
> PMS.
>
> Also, until they were all mysteriously fired, Gentoo's KDE people were
> planning to ask the Council for official approval of kdebuild-1 so that
> it could remain in PMS. So that's still up in the air too.

All? Only one person I know of, Philantrop. Were rbrown or spb
committing much to KDE stuff?

http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/portage/main/trunk/doc/
http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-projects/pax-utils/man/

> Also, I've yet to be told how to get automatic, verified,
> zero-work-upon-relocation cross-document links using either docbook or
> guidexml. Perhaps you'd care to explain.

You've mentioned this as a requirement. Is it something that happens so
often that it's a significant burden if it isn't available?

Thanks,
Donnie