FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Tiziano Müller
 
Default lastrite: dev-cpp/libherdstat and app-portage/herdstat

# Tiziano Müller <dev-zero@gentoo.org> (07 Jun 2008)
# Various bugs and dead upstream
# herdstat: 164254, 184035, 222887
# libherdstat: 119589, 206876
# Masked for removal in 30 days
app-portage/herdstat
dev-cpp/libherdstat

Sorry people, but we (Halcy0n and I) really don't have the time nor the will
to maintain this package (dev-cpp/libherdstat) anymore without an upstream.


--
gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 06-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Jeroen Roovers
 
Default lastrite: dev-cpp/libherdstat and app-portage/herdstat

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 19:29:28 +0200
Tiziano Müller <dev-zero@gentoo.org> wrote:

> # Tiziano Müller <dev-zero@gentoo.org> (07 Jun 2008)
> # Various bugs and dead upstream
> # herdstat: 164254, 184035, 222887

And bug 206879.


Kind regards,
JeR
--
gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 06-08-2008, 01:37 AM
Alin Năstac
 
Default lastrite: dev-cpp/libherdstat and app-portage/herdstat

Tiziano MĆ¼ller wrote:

# Tiziano MĆ¼ller <dev-zero@gentoo.org> (07 Jun 2008)
# Various bugs and dead upstream
# herdstat: 164254, 184035, 222887
# libherdstat: 119589, 206876
# Masked for removal in 30 days
app-portage/herdstat
dev-cpp/libherdstat

Sorry people, but we (Halcy0n and I) really don't have the time nor the will
to maintain this package (dev-cpp/libherdstat) anymore without an upstream.



glimpse can be used to search stuff in all metadata.xml files.

All you have to do is:
mkdir metasearch
echo '*' > metasearch/.glimpse_exclude
echo metadata.xml > metasearch/.glimpse_include
glimpseindex -i -B -H metasearch <portage-dir>
glimpse -H metasearch <regex>
 
Old 06-08-2008, 01:49 AM
"Michael Sterrett -Mr. Bones.-"
 
Default lastrite: dev-cpp/libherdstat and app-portage/herdstat

On Sun, 8 Jun 2008, Alin Nļæ½Cstac wrote:


glimpse can be used to search stuff in all metadata.xml files.


The tree's small enough that grep -r gives enough performance.

Michael Sterrett
-Mr. Bones.-
mr_bones_@gentoo.org
 
Old 06-08-2008, 12:26 PM
 
Default lastrite: dev-cpp/libherdstat and app-portage/herdstat

"Michael Sterrett -Mr. Bones.-" <msterret@coat.com> writes:

> The tree's small enough that grep -r gives enough performance.

Even better

grep */*/metadata.xml

the tree is not big enough that it exceeds the maximum arguments from bash.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenņ
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
 
Old 06-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Alin Năstac
 
Default lastrite: dev-cpp/libherdstat and app-portage/herdstat

Diego 'Flameeyes' PettenĆ² wrote:

"Michael Sterrett -Mr. Bones.-" <msterret@coat.com> writes:



The tree's small enough that grep -r gives enough performance.



Even better

grep */*/metadata.xml

the tree is not big enough that it exceeds the maximum arguments from bash.



According to my local copy, we have 12876 metadata.xml files.
Something tells me that your command line will exceed the maximum
command line length supported by any shell
 
Old 06-08-2008, 01:44 PM
"Chip Parker"
 
Default lastrite: dev-cpp/libherdstat and app-portage/herdstat

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 5:41 AM, Alin Năstac <mrness@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Diego 'Flameeyes' PettenĆ² wrote:
>>
>> "Michael Sterrett -Mr. Bones.-" <msterret@coat.com> writes:
>>
>>
>>>
>>> The tree's small enough that grep -r gives enough performance.
>>>
>>
>> Even better
>>
>> grep */*/metadata.xml
>>
>> the tree is not big enough that it exceeds the maximum arguments from
>> bash.
>>
>>
>
> According to my local copy, we have 12876 metadata.xml files.
> Something tells me that your command line will exceed the maximum command
> line length supported by any shell
>
>

Although it'll be a bit slower than a direct grep: for m in `find
/usr/portage -name metadata.xml `; do grep -Rn foo $m;done
 
Old 06-08-2008, 02:42 PM
 
Default lastrite: dev-cpp/libherdstat and app-portage/herdstat

"Chip Parker" <infowolfe@gmail.com> writes:

> Although it'll be a bit slower than a direct grep: for m in `find
> /usr/portage -name metadata.xml `; do grep -Rn foo $m;done

Uh no you want xargs in that case.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenņ
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
 
Old 06-08-2008, 02:44 PM
 
Default lastrite: dev-cpp/libherdstat and app-portage/herdstat

Alin Năstac <mrness@gentoo.org> writes:

> According to my local copy, we have 12876 metadata.xml files.
> Something tells me that your command line will exceed the maximum
> command line length supported by any shell

I actually checked before saying that Both zsh and bash on my system
can get that command line going just fine.

I was sure of that already because I use very often egrep $something
*/*/*.ebuild to scan the tree for particular stuff.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" PettenĆ²
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
 
Old 06-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Alin Năstac
 
Default lastrite: dev-cpp/libherdstat and app-portage/herdstat

Diego 'Flameeyes' PettenĆ² wrote:

Alin Năstac <mrness@gentoo.org> writes:



According to my local copy, we have 12876 metadata.xml files.
Something tells me that your command line will exceed the maximum
command line length supported by any shell



I actually checked before saying that Both zsh and bash on my system
can get that command line going just fine.

I was sure of that already because I use very often egrep $something
*/*/*.ebuild to scan the tree for particular stuff.


I remember that one time I had to split a command like dohtml
"${S}"/something/*.{png,html} because the line was too long. At that
time, bash had a limit of 32K. Now is what ... 1M?
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:28 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org